• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to image size

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user of Z6, and confused.  Stills I take on the camera are 6048 x 2024.  When, on a Mac, I drag the photo into PE2020, and take a look at the image size, it's 1087x723.  I don't want to loose the resolution as I'm doing cropping.  Where is the resolution going to?  It does the same thing whether I drag the still from Photos or do Select All | Copy and then New from Clipboard in PE.  Is there a setting I need to change?  Or one that got changed?  Thanks, Paul

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

When you hooked up your camera to your mac did you import the Z6 nefs into Photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  I'm on Big Sur.  When I let Photos import the pics, and look at Info, they're 6024.  If I drag and drop into PSE2020 it's 1024 withot doing anything but the drag and drop.  If I import into PSE using File | Import | Images From Device they're 6024.  I'm not sure what's going on, why is it resampled in PSE with the drag and drop?  Is there a setting I'm missing.  It's frustrating because I use Photos on the iPad to display, so I need to import into Photos, but can't edit full resolution unless I import use PSE also.  I really don't want to have to import twice.

BTW, when I do Edit With in Photos and select PSE, it tells me that the file is incompatible with PSE.  

I'm really not sure what's going on, and would love some guidance if I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, doing some more research, if I right click the image in Photos, click Edit With and don't select the PSE link at the top but do Other and then navigate to PSE, it opens at full resolution.  Weird.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines