• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is IPC Broker: can't remove it

New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Mac user (version el capitan). I just installed Photoshop Elements 13 on it and do not want any programs that I do not need that installed with it. I am not and do not plan to subscribe to Creative Cloud. I have a program called IPCBroker in the launch pad and don't know what it is for. I get conflicting info when I search about it. I cannot drag it to the Trash. Also do I need AAM Launcher Utility and Adobe Application Manager? If I do not need these programs, How do I properly uninstall them on a Mac?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't have Creative Cloud as far as I can see. I can't find it on my Mac anywhere and I do not ever want to subscribe to it. Is there any program or utility I can remove if I never plan of using Creative Cloud. If I need Application Manager to get updates to my Elements 13, fine but why do I need the AAM Helper, AAM (URI Handler) and IPC Broker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explanation is for CC, but I imagine those same processes are involved in licensing and updates and intra-component operations for Elements as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can't find a way to uninstall it.
But, I found that it's a process that stays open to send Adobe information. Not sure what exactly, but I found it uploads information to https://apip.adobe.com/headlights/FileDataCaptureServlet

So block that address in your firewall for extra security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open File location of AdobeIPCBroker
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC
Close the process and delete the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a Mac user so I can't vouch for the following, but I found some info on IPCBroker: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/what-are-adobe-ipc-broker-aaslapp-aam-launcher-etc-i...

Suggest you contact the posters on that topic in the Community.

Hope it helps.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines