• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is "Elements Creative Notificaitons 2020 and why is it on my Start Screen?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user of Photoshop Elements... and I have noticed an app(?) on my Start Screen (Elements Creative Notifications)  that when I click on it it just doesn't "go anywere"....What is it all about and why is it there?    If it isn't an intrical part of the Photo Shop Elements program (which it doesn't seem to be)... should it be removed?    ..Thanks. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

On the top line of the start screen, just type 'auto creations' and read about that feature.

You can disable that feature if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you   When I mention Start Screen, are we both referring to the list of your apps, on the select Start Windows logo Start button, not anything within the PSE program itself?  I love Photoshop Elements just the way it is and although I don't have a project for the Creative tab, doesn't mean I won't in the future. The "Elements Creative Notifications" is listed as if it was an app, but empty shortcut. It goes nowhere.    Before I realized I had your reply, I contacted the Adobe Team and after a few back and forth emails, they apparently could not tell me more and suggested I just ignore it.   I could do that, but will always see it and wonder about it and it will haunt (LOL) me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a requirement of Windows for programs that use an internal notification system like Auto Creations. See here for further information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You..!    The connection finally rang a bell easily after reading the link you suggested   I am also a newbie with Windows 10 OS after being forced kicking and screaming from Win7 with an unrepairable crash.  I further compounded the mystery by actually disabling the nusiance Notification pop-up window within the first week of use. <sigh>   The Adobe Team could have responded in the same fashion as you and saved both sides some time and frustration.    Again, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines