• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Is The Most Up To Date Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Version?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the most up to date Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 version? 

18.0 (20190827.m.136736)

Where do I look to find out, next time?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a question about Updates and was informed that v18.0 (20190827.m.136736) IS current if you have a Windows PC. There was an update on Jan 13 that was sent to all (Windows & Mac) but was only intended for macOS. It was later rescinded for Windows PCs. That update was v18.0 (20200105.m.139301) but only applied to macOS.

If there is an update available, the Help>Updates... menu item becomes active and you will be automatically updated or notified depending on your setting in Preferences.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE2020 is on a Mac desktop running the latest macOS Catalina, 10.15.2 (19C57).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I install v18.0 (20200105.m.139301) on my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSE 2020.1 update may have been pulled as it only affected a few people. Is your PSE 2020 software working OK? If not please elaborate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply wish to verify (yes or no) if 18.0 (20190827.m.136736) is the most up to date Mac version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK then, so how do I download and install the lastest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious.

You have already been told the lastest version is no longer available.

Fortunately. There must be a reason.

Other members in this user to user forum can only guess the reasons why.

As a Windows user, I was one of the first users to update. Bad experience, especially since the 'update' was supposed to only care for Apple Catalina bugs. I am very happy the update was removed before I had to use my second computer.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2020-update-january-13th/m-p/10...

So, do you really believe that 'newest' is better than 'safest'?

By the way, it appears that wise and experienced Mac users have postponed the update to Catalina. There are reports that Apple has just issued updates to Catalina. I am inclined to trust Apple for those updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I should have asked what the newest/most recent, and installable, version was.

What I gleaned from wchettels' post was, there was a version released on January 13 for the Mac. The same version for Windows was pulled.

I assumed that 99jons' post also referred to the Windows version being pulled, since there was no mention of 'Mac'. The "....may have been pulled....", made no reference to a Mac version.

This thread would have been really short, if someone in the know had stated that the version that I have was the newest version that could be installed. Going as far as mentioning that there was a more recent version for Mac, but it was pulled. Disclosing the actual version numbers of all releases in question, would go a long way in clarifying the issue.

Sorry for being such a bother, but it would be nice if Adobe had a page that showed all available versions of their software. If I had access to such a resource, this thread wouldn't have existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> it would be nice if Adobe had a page that showed all available versions of their software.

FWIW, I agree. Adobe does not have a great track record for listing version history for their software in one place. I usually google that info elsewhere.

They rely on Update buttons being activate/inactive. I guess most users are happy with that. Like you, I prefer to have the option of checking for myself too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a new update has replaced the January update that was pulled. I tried updating my Mac (Mojave) and entered my Apple password but it resulted in an installation crash. I've not even tried on Windows. Let me know if anybody is able to update successfully when launching the Editor application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.  I just successfully updated on Windows (even though I had updated with the January 13th 2020.1 update).

The odd thing about how the latest updates have been employed is that you are given a choice to update "now" or "upon exit."  However, if you choose "now", the update interrupts until Elements is closed.  I think the updater automatically closes the Organizer but not the Home Screen.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, February 3, 2020_12h34m45s_000_.png

It looks like the latest update for Windows users, aside from fixing some unknown bugs,  fixes the problem of having to sign in with a serial number after the earlier update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep I quit and re-launched Greg and update was sucessful. At least we don't have to re-entre the serial number :-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again and updatewas OK.

SysProg.jpg

SysComplete.jpg

System.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines