Highlighted

When will the Organizer finally write face tags to the file?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Elements Organizer, but there is still after all the years one feature missing:

"Writing metadata to file" does not write face tags.

I would expect the Organizer to read and write XMP-rwg-rs face tags just like Lightroom does since years.

I just verified using ExifTool that the newly released Photoshop Elements Organizer 2019 still does not do that.

I have many photos with tagged faces in that format from Picasa and digiKam and want to import them.

Also I don't want to loose those metadata together with the catalog.

So please tell me when we can expect support for that in Elements.

Will it be implemented in Photoshop Elements 2020?

If yes, this would be the next version for me to buy (staying with Elements 12).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When will the Organizer finally write face tags to the file?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Elements Organizer, but there is still after all the years one feature missing:

"Writing metadata to file" does not write face tags.

I would expect the Organizer to read and write XMP-rwg-rs face tags just like Lightroom does since years.

I just verified using ExifTool that the newly released Photoshop Elements Organizer 2019 still does not do that.

I have many photos with tagged faces in that format from Picasa and digiKam and want to import them.

Also I don't want to loose those metadata together with the catalog.

So please tell me when we can expect support for that in Elements.

Will it be implemented in Photoshop Elements 2020?

If yes, this would be the next version for me to buy (staying with Elements 12).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2018 1
star7030 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also continue using Picasa because of my thousands face tags which I do not want to loose. How can one find out whether Elements 2020 will be able to download the face tags from Picasa and identify the persons in the photo?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0