• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will the Organizer finally write face tags to the file?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Elements Organizer, but there is still after all the years one feature missing:

"Writing metadata to file" does not write face tags.

I would expect the Organizer to read and write XMP-rwg-rs face tags just like Lightroom does since years.

I just verified using ExifTool that the newly released Photoshop Elements Organizer 2019 still does not do that.

I have many photos with tagged faces in that format from Picasa and digiKam and want to import them.

Also I don't want to loose those metadata together with the catalog.

So please tell me when we can expect support for that in Elements.

Will it be implemented in Photoshop Elements 2020?

If yes, this would be the next version for me to buy (staying with Elements 12).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also continue using Picasa because of my thousands face tags which I do not want to loose. How can one find out whether Elements 2020 will be able to download the face tags from Picasa and identify the persons in the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently Adobe couldn't care less about Picasa users migrating to any of their products. I too have thousands of photos already tagged with faces using Picasa.  You'd think SOMEONE out there would have provided an easy migration path to Picasa users.  ACDCEE seems to be sticking its toes in that arena, and while the Facial Recognition piece is pretty good, and they do recognize face tags from Picasa, they don't have AND/OR search capabilities that I find crucial in my use of the program.  They want to compete with Photoshop, and on that front they're doing a credible job.  But they're not quite there in terms of me dropping Picasa for ACDCEE.  

Searching the web for Picasa to Lightroom does provide a couple of solutions, but I'm not enough a fan of Lightroom to want to use it in lieu of Picasa.  In fact, I use Picasa to call Photoshop for editing and don't bother with Lightroom at all.

Anyone out there have a credible alternative to Picasa?  Elements looked promising for a time, but now I'm not so sure.

Adobe, I and a subscriber (reluctantly) because I'm so intrenched in Photoshop, but if you don't deliver some credible alternative to Picasa, I may switch to ACDCEE for editing and take my chances that sooner or later they will deliver the goods on a couple of features they still haven't quite gotten down for Picasa users.

Google, Shame on you for abandoning us!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about the typo...  the beginning of the sentence should read:

Adobe, I am a subscriber...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're a subscriber, you may be in the wrong forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines