Highlighted

Where did events disappear to?

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using PSE several years ago.  I had all of my old photos in their own folder like country>state>city etc.  All of my pictures had description which was displayed beneath each photo.  Additionally most were tagged with persons names as well as, places, and events,like weddings parties etc.

Now when I open PSE 11 I never get to see any events even though I have never deleted any of them.  Did I miss something?  Could I have accidentally deleted all of this data?  Is it anywhere it can be retrieved from?  Should this be in the EXIF data file?

Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where did events disappear to?

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using PSE several years ago.  I had all of my old photos in their own folder like country>state>city etc.  All of my pictures had description which was displayed beneath each photo.  Additionally most were tagged with persons names as well as, places, and events,like weddings parties etc.

Now when I open PSE 11 I never get to see any events even though I have never deleted any of them.  Did I miss something?  Could I have accidentally deleted all of this data?  Is it anywhere it can be retrieved from?  Should this be in the EXIF data file?

Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you turned off the details under the View menu?  If you select a tag in the tags panel is the grid filtered according to the tag you have checked?  If you go to full screen view of an image that you know you have tagged, does the tag name show?  If this does not answer your questions, give us a screenshot of your media grid, so we know what you are referring to.  (I no longer have Elements 11 on my machine, so am not sure what changes to the user interface have been made since then.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details are turned on thus allowing me to see file description. At the top you have 4 choices Media,People,Places Events. The first 3 choices always display Thumbnails the forth 'Events'  displays nothing unless I change the switch over to smart events. Then I have the choice of 'Date' or 'Time'. Smart events weren't created by me and don't display names like Weddings, Parties etc only a date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked again at the problem of not getting events being displayed.

I look for a photo that I know will be in one of these events like weddings.  If I hover the mouse over the area near the file name like anniversary or birthday and I can see names of tags including anniversary or birthday. 

Then if I go to the right hand side of screen where tags and information is kept you won't see weddings or birthdays listed. 

Should not these tags be listed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to full screen view of an image do you see the full tag name displayed?  Were your event tags such as Weddings created as keyword tags instead of the newer Events tags which are created separately?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't appear separately. They appear at lower right hand side along, with name of person/s. The photo name is at lower left.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0