• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering starting with which version PSE phones home.

I know 8 does NOT

I know that 11 DOES

So what about 9 or 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SF_Photo  wrote

Wondering starting with which version PSE phones home.

???

What do you mean by "phones home"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect he probably means which was the first version of PSE that would connect to the internet to validate the license. JMO.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely wchettel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually i believe photoshop elements 4 was the first version with activation, but that was only with Try and Buy download from adobe. Boxed versions of pse 4 did not have activation. Activation also varied depending on the locale for which photoshop elements was intended, so only adobe really knows all the details. I'm just writing about what i know from actually having had these different versions.

Pse versions versions of 8 through 11 do have activation for both downloads and boxed, but it only checks if you happen to start pse while the internet is connect, otherwise one can use those versions offline without ever connecting to the internet provided a good serial number has been entered.

Starting with pse 12 one is required to Sign In while connected to the internet at least once to activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know 8 does NOT

According to The Missing Manual, Elements 8 was the first version to require online activation.

Photoshop Elements 8 for Windows: The Missing Manual: The Missing Manual - Barbara Brundage - Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines