• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are duplicate files created when I import from my camera in elements?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import files from my camera in Elements duplicate files are created.   In searching for the files on my camera using Windows explorer I can see that there are 90 photos.   But Elements downloader finds twice as many photos 180.  Before I start downloading I can see the duplicate files in elements downloader next to each other - exactly the same file name date and time - no extension.   See the screen shot in the attached file.   When the files are imported a duplicate file is created with a -1 after the file number.  Why is this happening?

Thanks

Dennis

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis, I have observed the same thing with my iPhone, and shall report it to Adobe.  It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions:

1.  What edition, version and build of Windows are you using?  Look under Windows Settings>System>About.

2.  Are you downloading directly from your camera or from a card reader?

3.  What make and model of camera are you downloading from?

When this happens, you can sort the grid by Import Batch, do a file search for -1 (using Shift+Ctrl+K), and then delete the duplicate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg

1. Windows 10, 64 bit

2. Directly from camera with a cord

3. Nikon P950

I realize that I can delete duplicate files but I don't see why i should.    I might revert to the Nikon downloader if I can't fix this.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have observed this problem with EO 2021. As I have still EO2020 installed I downloaded via USB cable also the same images and videos from my iPhone7+ (iOS 13.7) using EO2020 on a Windows 10 64bit, version 1909. No duplicates were downloaded!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto here.  I took 70 snaps with the camera this morning. The organizer fetched 140, duplicating each image with the same number, no suffix.

P950 camera. Windows 10, OS Build 19041.685.

Michelb of Photoshop Elements and More site - https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7527/downloading-organizer-duplicate-images?page=1&scrol... - thinks it may have something to do with duplicate Catalogs, which I have from cloning my C drive. 

If that's the case, I need to learn which Catalog to delete, the one on the C drive or D drive, if I need to delete either.  Waiting for more discussion before I totally screw things up.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines