• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are the tags imported only as keyword tags?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe team. Why are the tags imported only as keyword tags when importing files? For example, if you have assigned a person tag, it will still be passed on as a keyword tag. You should change that.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Person tags are created using facial recognition, a new .json file is created for each image.  This file contains the information about where in the image the face can be found and who the person is.  When you import the People-tagged file, the .json file is not included with the import, so no face recognition information is available and the file has to be analyzed in the new catalog.  Otherwise, the People tab will show a generic icon instead of a face.

However, for those users who are not interested in face recognition, I agree that improvements could be made in the workflow, including allowing the keyword tags to be moved to the People tag hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with location tags and event tags. After the import, he only makes simple keyword tags from it and you also have to reassign these two types in the respective catalog. With individual pictures this may still work, but with 50 pictures this is unnecessary work, I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the same problem exists for Places and Events.  Personally, I don't really use either and instead use keyword tags for both.

I guess the real question is why are you finding it necessary to transfer/import files that have already been tagged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines