• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I tag places in Photoshop Elements 2019?

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to set up new places tag for my photos after a holiday in Orkney and north east Scotland. I can go through the initial stages of creating a new tag but after finding the location on the map (e.g. Kirkwall, Orkney) and clicking Done, a new place tag is not added.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working OK. I select a thumbnail or thumbnails in All Media and click the button at the bottom “Add Location”

In the dialog I type Kirkwall and wait for the search results

I choose Scotland, Orkney, Kirkwall and click apply – see image below

Kirkwall.jpg

I can now see the photos pinned to the map and if I click the info button can see three tags applied to the image. I can even search all media for Kirkwall

Onfokirkwall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, there is a problem in MAPBOX which Adobe have been told about repeatedly but do nothing about. Where you have 4 or less 'steps' highlighted in the screenshot above (Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland, UK) this is fine, but if you chose to select the Kirkwall airport one above, with 5 steps', it will not translate into a place tag. Sadly, you cannot delete any of the 'steps' shown in the MapBox 'results' line. Please, please sort this out Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following on from my previous post, I approached MapBox recently about the inability to tag anywhere with 5 'steps' or more. MapBox assure me that the problem rests with Adobe and not with MapBox.  Very irritating.  I have now started to create non-smart place tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines