• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I lose my image when clicking OK with nothing by grey checkerboard in its place?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop Elements as the only way to print images created in my old Illustrator CS3.  It's been working fine for years and suddenly not.  Bottom of left sidebar shows COLOR as black and white squares.

Mac 10.12.2.  Any suggestions or explanation?

Thanks

BOB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Gookie wrote:

bobgatje@verizon.net but I can't figure out how to insert the checkerboard (usually occers with flattening of image)

You can not insert an image in an e-mail reply. On the forum page, go to the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gookie wrote:

I'm using Photoshop Elements as the only way to print images created in my old Illustrator CS3. It's been working fine for years and suddenly not. Bottom of left sidebar shows COLOR as black and white squares.

Mac 10.12.2. Any suggestions or explanation?

Thanks

BOB

It would help if you were to provide a screen shot of what you see.

In the meantime, go to Image>mode and be sure that RGB color is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, image>mode is at RGB and this is the screen that comes up”

And who are you? Few people know me as Gookie! Thanks BOB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobgatje@verizon.net but I can't figure out how to insert the checkerboard (usually occers with flattening of image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gookie wrote:

You can not insert an image in an e-mail reply. On the forum page, go to the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checker-board pattern denotes transparency. There is nothing there!

You state: " Bottom of left sidebar shows COLOR as black and white squares."

What does this mean? What sidebar?

Please provide step-by-step information about your work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

I prepare a 8.5" x11" color image using Adobe Illustrator CS3. I save the image as a pdf and it goes to my desktop.

I go to Photoshop Elements 12 and open the pdf image on my desktop.  It appears as a small thumbnail image on the field and tells me that it can be printed at the size and character that I want. I hit OK and expect the full image to appear, frequently with the checkerbiard as background (no problem,) Instead, after hundreds of these procedures with recent Christmas cards etc, the field is filled with nothing but the checkerboard and, when I put it back on the desktoip it is blank white.  I have inadvertently hit some setting not wanted but can't find which it is.

BOB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, Did you ever get an answer on how to correct this?  When I open a pdf in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor my pdf looks the same.  I can't see the pdf, just the transparent grey and white checkerboard.  When I change the transparent to white, all I see is white.  I'd love open a pdf and see the document, not a checkerboard, and this sounds like what you are experienceing.  If not Bob, Can anyone else help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines