• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does this happen? [PSE 14: images underexposed after importing from camera]

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take my pictures. They look just fine on the cameras  lcd screen. Exposure is ok. After I unload the camera to put the images in Photoshop Elements 14, there is a major problem. All the images are at least two stops underexposed.  What happened? Is there something wrong with the camera, my computer or PSE's?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting raw or jpeg?  Have you calibrated your monitor lately  . . .  or at least adjusted it?  What color space are you using when shooting (AdobeRGB or sRGB).  What color settings are you using for the Organizer?  Go to Edit>Color Settings:

Snap10_2019.07.08_20h03m56s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting jpeg's. Using srgb. The color is set to optimize for computer screens. I have not calibrated the monitor because I do not know how to do that. Could it be that the camera is set for SRGB and the computer is set for AdobeRGB?  Thank you for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thisisirrational  wrote

Could it be that the camera is set for SRGB and the computer is set for AdobeRGB? 

Not if your color settings are set the same as my screenshot.

Has the problem always been present with files from the same camera or is this something new that is happening?

What happens if you view the images in the OS picture browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines