• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why should I stick with PSE

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had PSE 15.  PC crashed.  Unable to reinstall from my account as time limit (I was not aware of when purchased) has expired.  Instead I have a free trial of PSE 20.  Why would I stick with PSE if I am forced to purchase every few years when there are so many other similar products out there.  I have always used PSE since PSE 2 which was on DVD and without a time limit but eventally imcompatible with Windows 10 - but on a pensioner's budget I do not wish to be forced to purchase again and again.  Is PSE 20 availale on DVD without a time limit???   Unfortunately I cannot get this question through directly to Adobe.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you don't have to stay with PSE. you could try to locatie a better company/software that cares for its customers and has more updates  that should be with the product.
Adobe uses PSE only as a cash cow. new version that you have to buy, no updates over the year, and after a year a new version with updates that you have to buy. no care for the product after launch and surely no care after a new version is launched. Even the simple camera raw was 4 versions behind the version for photoshop when 2019 was the actual version.

So if you have to start all over again, i think i would find a better supported product (not adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PSE 2020 is available on DVD with no time limit.  Keep the DVD in a safe place in case your PC ever crashes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, if you ever buy software with download, make a safe copy of the installer. (Safe = not just on your computer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dess3, before you give up on PSE15, can you give us a little more information.  I assume you purchased it as a download.  Did you purchase it directly from Adobe?  If so, does a download link show up in your Adobe account profile.

Also, where did you get the information that there was a time limit for the program?  Adobe's policies about this have changed recently and I am seeing reports that Support staff are giving out bad information.  Unfortunately, Adobe USA is on winter break over the holidays and I probably won't be able to get any clarification until after the new year.  However, if you bought what was supposedly a perpetual license directly from Adobe, less than 4 years ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you should be able to reinstall it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines