Highlighted

Why will Photoshop Elements 14 open only once per PC session???

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 14 has always worked without a hitch, but for some days now (perhaps after the latest W10 update???) I can only use it once in any given computer session: I start the computer, use PE14 and when I've finished I close the program; the problem is that if I have to use PE14 again it won't open at all unless I restart the computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why will Photoshop Elements 14 open only once per PC session???

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 14 has always worked without a hitch, but for some days now (perhaps after the latest W10 update???) I can only use it once in any given computer session: I start the computer, use PE14 and when I've finished I close the program; the problem is that if I have to use PE14 again it won't open at all unless I restart the computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements may not have closed properly. Check Task Manager to see if it is still active and close it there.  If this is the case, at least you won't have to reboot.  And, yes, it is quite possible that a Windows update causes problems such as this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg_S., for your suggestion.

First thing in the morning, I've used PE14 for about half an hour, closed it and tried to reopen. It failed to reopen, so I checked the Task Manager: indeed, it was still running there, so I closed it at TM. I exited TM, then tried to reopen PE14, but to no avail... Back to square one, apparently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leopoldoc73893540  wrote

so I closed it at TM. I exited TM, then tried to reopen PE14, but to no avail...

In the Applications Tab, did you right click on it and choose "Go to process" and then click "End Process"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peru Bob, and thanks for your reply.

Yesterday, at TM I selected the entry with the left button of the mouse, and then pressed the "End Task" button, after which I tried and failed to start PE14.

This morning, again, I used PE14 for some minutes and closed the program. I tried to reopen, unsuccessfully, then opened TM and the program (PE) wasn't even listed there, so I wasn't able to try the alternative closing procedure you suggested.

I've also tried opening the program by clicking on the "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" file, in the Program Files folder, and there was no reaction from ​PE14​, either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0