Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Organiser save location data to the picture file

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I'm organizing my pics with Organiser but want to after import them into an other platform. I'm adding location to all the pictures which have no GPS location on them, but I want to know if this adds info to the file, so that when I import it somewhere else the location is not lost... anyone knows ?

If not..any trick to add the GPS or location in some way to the file from what i entered in Organiser ?

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Hi Sablon,

Yes, you can save the GPS information to the images using Elements Organizer. After placing the images on the map using the Places view, you can select those images and select "Save Metadata to File" from the File menu. After saving the metadata you can view the location data in other tools as well. Let us know if this solves your query.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sablon,

Yes, you can save the GPS information to the images using Elements Organizer. After placing the images on the map using the Places view, you can select those images and select "Save Metadata to File" from the File menu. After saving the metadata you can view the location data in other tools as well. Let us know if this solves your query.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you!

Sorry first time I posted a reply to the wrong message. VEry helpful, and good to know about the rounding up of degrees

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you!

I do have an other quesiton.

If I modified EXIF metadata using an other software to batch modify some keywords, will organiser update this, or it won't unless i delete and re-import?
Also - if I did that, and save METADATA from Organiser - it will only add the info added by organiser corrent? It won't delete any metadata added to the file in the meantime? I guess not but want to make sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I modified EXIF metadata using an other software to batch modify some keywords, will organiser update this, or it won't unless i delete and re-import?

Using antother software or working from a different organizer catalog is the same: nothing will be updated and you'll have to delete and re-import.

Also - if I did that, and save METADATA from Organiser - it will only add the info added by organiser corrent? It won't delete any metadata added to the file in the meantime?

Yes, only addition takes place. It's possible to use the IPTC panel in the Information panel on the right to remove all tags from a batch of files before rewriting the new tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines