• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will PS Organizer work with an external HD?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the Photoshop elements organizer do the pictures have to be saved on your computer or can it also access them from an external hard drive? I’m looking into buying a computer that has 254 GB of SSD storage which is not going to be enough for all of my pictures. SSD is known for its speed but not for storage capacity. I’m wondering if I can just store my pictures on an external hard drive but still use the organizer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no problem (if you use a normal USB external drive). You can also store your catalog on the external drive to save more space on your main internal drive.However it's not recommended to set your scratch disks on the external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend keeping the catalog file on your SSD drive.  My main catalog includes about 175,000 media and takes up about 12 GB.

Unless you are buying a laptop, I would also recommend buying a computer with an additional internal disk.  External disks should be for backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines