• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Winfows 10 upgrade has created issues with Adobe PSE 2018

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully used PSE2018 since it was launched and following a recent windows 10 upgrade I have been trying to deal with the following issues.

•  Can't read from my sd card - I can live with this although it's very annoying but issue 2 is causing many problems which I hope someone in the community can assist me with.
  •  When I try to post process an image the message  'could not complete the command because there is not enough memory (RAM)
  •  I have also tried to save the image after coming out of the file and the system crashes.

Not sure whether this message is genuine as there is plenty of RAM available.

Can anyone help please?

TOPICS
Actions , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This requires a registry fix on your computer.

Please see this tech note:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/integer-50-8-required-closest-value-inserted-photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. It seems very techie to me and I shall have to get someone to access my laptop and make the registry change for me. In the meantime I am trying to free up as much RAM as possible to see if I can handle the situation by acknowledging the problem althouth I'm not confident that this is a solution. With so many people effected I would hope that windows 10 could make an adjustment by way of a 'patch' of some sort - I live in hope feeling very let down having spent around £70 for software that I cannot use !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The registry edit has worked for thousands of users; good if someone can help you but it has been done by many normal users like yourself.

Don't waste too much time to save RAM space. Things will be normal after the registry change.

There are various error messages, but the issue is not the lack of RAM it's the inability of Elements to read the available RAM from Windows. That's what is solved by the registry edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines