• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work space

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Element 2019.  I cannot move a file from the Photo Bin to the workspace for editing.  The Tips screen will not go away!  I have tried everything, gone through the file menu.  Still completely covers the workspace so I cannot open a file.

Does anyone know how to help?  I have used earlier versions without this  problem.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the "Tips screen", do you mean the Home Screen?  You should be able to close that through the X in the top right of the window. Alternatively, at least on Windows, you can right click on the Task Bar icon and close the window from there.

Snap10_2019.10.17_23h44m54s_001_.png

If you mean something else, please provide a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Try these steps to reset the application preferenes-

1.Quit the application .

2. Go to

Win - C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\18.0\Editor

Mac - /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Settings

3. Rename Editor to Editor_old [win] , Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Settings to Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 Settings_old [Mac]

4.Relaunch the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you said and it seemed to do the trick.  HOWEVER, the problem comes back if I try and use the "guided" preset in Elements 19.  This is the screen I am trying to remove when I want to load a picture and work on it.

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing is not a 'preset', it's a menu. It's a visual, illustrated menu of the kinds of effects you want to be guided with. If you don't select a category by clicking on the illustrated icon, there is no chance you can continue to be guided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using a laptop or notebook with a short display? You seem to be missing the main tabs for Quick, Guided and Expert or they are hidden behind a black overlay?? See image below.  Can you drag the bottom or top corners of the application frame to fill the monitor? Otherwise open an image and choose a guided edit such as Resize your photos. Click the next button then click to take the image into expert mode where all the regular tools are available.

GuidedShortScreen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines