• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with version sets

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I switch from one version to another, since the organizer displays only the current version?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

If you have upgraded to a more recent version of Elements than PSE 8, the default view is the newer adaptive view which does not allow you to change to a different photo in a version set.  Simply press Ctrl+D and you will be in the Details view which will show a familiar view of your version sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Creative Cloud Desktop app:
Click on the dots in the right to show the menu> Other versions.
Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The creative cloud desktop application should show all the versions you have installed.  On windows to switch from version to an other you must close down any version that is currently open.  On a Mac I believe you can have several version opened  at the same time,  I use windows.  I have perpetial versions CS2  PS version 9 and CS3 PS  version 10 and createbe cloud versions CS 6 PS version 13, cc 2014 PS version 15, CC 2018  PS version 19, CC 2019  PS version 20,  PS 2020  PS version 21, and Ps 2021  PS version 22 installed.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think JJMack thought I was talking about versions of Photoshop. I'm talking about versions of a photo in a version set. I don't know what the other responder is talking about. What's this Creative Cloud thing? This was a very simple procedure in PSE 8: there was an arrow at the right of the latest version, and you simply clicked the arrow to expand or collapse the set. Now there's a thing that looks like a stack of frames, with something that looks like a paintbrush over it, but when you click that, all you get is a menu, that doesn't include a way to expand the set. Boy, do I miss my old PSE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the issue is that this question was posted in the Photoshop community, but since you mentioned PSE 8 and "the organizer" that probably means you're actually using Photoshop Elements, right? If Photoshop Elements has a "Version Sets" feature, that is something Photoshop doesn't have, which is why no one in this discussion seems to recognize the problem. But the users in the Photoshop Elements community probably know. (Photoshop doesn't have the PSE Organizer either; instead it uses Adobe Bridge).

Because Photoshop doesn't have Version Sets, it looks like everyone here thought the question was about the version of the software; that's why they're talking about software installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Photoshop CC to PS Elements where this belongs.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have upgraded to a more recent version of Elements than PSE 8, the default view is the newer adaptive view which does not allow you to change to a different photo in a version set.  Simply press Ctrl+D and you will be in the Details view which will show a familiar view of your version sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines