• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrapping text in a paragraph

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to simply type a paragraph in PSE 18. When I click on the type tool, I drag a box and I begin typing. In the past, it automatically wrapped and went down to the next line and I just continued typing. But now when I begin typing, it will actually go outside the box and will not continue on the next line. I believe there's a setting somewhere that says "no break" but I can't find it in Elements 18. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on?

I'm using Windows 10 and the text tool appears to work correctly - i.e. uses word wrap.

Which mode are you in (Quick/Expert)?

Are you using the default font or some other font?

Have you tried reseting the type tool?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on?

I'm using Windows 10 and the text tool appears to work correctly - i.e. uses word wrap.

Which mode are you in (Quick/Expert)?

Are you using the default font or some other font?

Have you tried reseting the type tool?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac OS Sierra. I was in the Expert but when you mentioned Quick, I thought I'd give it a try - and it worked! It used word wrap. I was using one of the default fonts. I tried Expert again, reseting the type tool and now that works as well. Thanks so much!

Janice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janice,

I'm glad that you managed to get it working again. Very occasionally, a tool may stop working as it should and in most cases a tool reset will get it working again.

Thanks for letting us know.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded Photoshop Elements 2020 and I cannot get type to wrap.  It's very frustrating.  I tried switching to Quick -- no luck.  Tried resetting type tool -- no luck.  Any additional ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences to default. Go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and reset on next launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem with word wrap on text boxes since I loaded PSE 2020.  I tried reseting as indicated and it did not work.  Any other ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the 3 above me.  Just started using 2021.  On a Win10 machine, haven't changed any of the default settings, but I cannot get the text in text boxes to wrap.  Went to quick without luck.  Any help would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to make this graphic this morning for a private PSE group.

Short version: cllick on the text tool, click and hold your left mouse button and drag down and to the right, till you get the size you need.

The cursor, by default will be in the upper hand corner.  Just start typing, or past youe text in.

PSE does not have full justification (lines spaced out evenly along the left and right sides- like a newspaper) - jest left, right, and center justification. 

Don't click o nthe green justification checkmark til lafter you have you text all set up.  I set my font and text size up first, then paste any text.   

2021-02-23_144512.png  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comprehensive response.  I've been using PSE 18 for years and just upgraded to PSE 20 in the fall.  I have used this process in the past and do so currently.  However, the text does NOT wrap correctly.  It wraps and only drops down slightly so the lines are unreadable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-02-23_193139.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With old school printing, usint metal type and letter presses printers put strips of metal (made out of lead) to space lines of text.  It's pronounced "ledding", because of those strips of metal.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's important to understand where things, like leading, came from in PSE. 

2021-02-24_035845.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines