• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decreased Image quality

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been  using the photoshop express for years now, yesterday I noticed that when I save an image the quality is diminished & extremely fuzzy. I'm using HD photos and my Jpeg setting is at 100%. Has anyone else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this reply is late but I am curious if this was resolved by applying latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this also.  I noticed it about the same time you posted your comment.  To date, none of the app updates have fixed this.  This issue I see happens when I import from the My Photo Stream folder (either on iPhone or iPad).  Typically I see images of ~ 2.5MB dumbed down to < 1MB.  I've Google'd this issue but have found nothing.  Also, I've commented directly in the App Store my unhappiness.  I've used Photoshop Express for many years also.  Hard to believe that only you and I have noted this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in the case of the Adobe Photoshop Express App, I read somewhere that in the app the JPEG default is not set to the highest quality.

You have to manually change this setting to maximum.

Screenshot_20200104-180454.jpg

Additionally, I choose to save  the original work locally in my device, and not to choose to send it  immediately over email nor a cloud storage service like iCloud.

In original post above, I'm not sure if the user is saving to iCloud from a Windows computer, for example, instead of iPhone, iPad, macOS.

I suggest to save locally, without a cloud service feature enabled,  just to avoid any unwanted file compression standards that  may be enforced during  the transmission of the file over a network medium (or the web).

20200104_182057.jpg

Once I can confirm that my jpeg was saved locally in my device without loosing quality nor reduced in size, then I can deal  about how to avoid loosing quality during file reduction or compression before is sent by email or to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See more from Apple support here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202299 

and check that thr Optimize Storage setting in the iCloud is turned off so that the  pictures that you save in the iCloud library  are not managed automatically by the iCloud service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use icloud, and I did set it on max. I still have the same issue.  It does help though to save it to the gallery before sending it back to my photo program which is Mylio photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi (@Lynn24417839q7ze,

Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear you're having problems with the image quality.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your issue. 

We are presently conducting an audit of old postings and came across your thread and were curious whether you could find a solution.

Could you please confirm that you're experiencing this issue with the latest Android Ps Express app, v 8.9.22, or iOS v 23.5.0? If not, kindly update your device to the newest update, re-test, and let me know If this solves your issue.

Please remember that we value you as a PS Express member, appreciate your contributions to the PS Express community, and are always here to help.

We are patiently looking forward to hearing from you to resolve this as soon as possible.

Many Thanks,

~Lyn 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  I am still having a problem.  After I edit a picture, and save it back to my program, it is greatly reduced in quality.  Thanks,LynnSent from my Galaxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. It feels recent to me. I hadn't noticed any loss of image quality even a couple of weeks ago, but today noticed got "unable to download content" error and have now noticed my photos are not appearing at full resolution. 
I am using PS Express 23.8.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lynn24417839q7ze

Apologies for the delayed response. Could you kindly confirm if PsX Android v8.10.29 improved your image quality?

We're looking forward to hearing from you and are here to help.

Many thanks,

Lyn 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Craig288406864gkh,

Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear you are experiencing errors in saving your images.

Kindly send us your device, app information, and a walk-through video of all the steps you're taking to get the error for us to better understand the problem.

To retrieve your app and device information, kindly go to your PsX settings - > then to Help Us Improve -> copy the details on the opened email from App Version down to Status, and send these details, including the video, to me via DM.

We're here to help and looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Lyn 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - If you try it yourself you will see the issue. I entered a very legible map and as soon as it goes into ps express it basically becomes illegible. Very sad because I really enjoy the Color effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.  Try it yourself.  You expect me to send you a video?  It's easier to just find another application for my needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mylio photos for organization and editing. However,  I like the red-eye feature of PS.  Mylio has great support.  They get back to you right away, and they acutally send you videos of how to do it right.  They don't expect the customer to make a video of how they might be doing it wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I stumbled on this thread after Googling my issues.  Yes!  I am new to PSX but I too am having an issue with image quality.  Not always but occassionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @James35657620ihwd,

We are sorry for your difficulties. Please let us know the Photoshop Express application version installed on your device and the device OS details. Have you tried reinstalling the application to see if this helps? What is the image format type (JPEG, PNG, RAW)? Is it with one image or all images.? Please share a screenshot of the issue you see with the image quality to investigate further.

We are here to help you.

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines