Differences between PS Express on iphone and on PC

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or are there differences in the settings available between PS Express on iPhone and on PC? I cannot find a subject/background selection on PC. I've got a paid subscription on my iPhone and the app is great. I was expecting to find the same options and settings on the PC version. Or am I not looking in the right place?

TOPICS
iOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"between PS Express on iPhone and on PC?"

"I've got a paid subscription on my iPhone"

As far as I know, Photoshop Express is only available on mobile devices and is free. Can you confirm which applications you are using? On your PC, Go to Help > About. On your phone, confirm it's PS Express and not another Adobe app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-express-help.html

"use Adobe Photoshop Express on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices."

"Adobe Photoshop Express is a free mobile app for making quick, powerful, and easy photo edits and creating collages. Apply instant filters called Looks, choose from an array of adjustment and correction options to touch up your photos, and instantly share them on social media."

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 This is a snapshot of the app on my iPhone. It's free but certain features need a subscription to use them. It's between screens on this snapshot. 

3F2B8021-9332-4F5C-8C5F-6747F4EE678D.png

The app for Windows 10 is essentially the same but without the subject/background selection tool. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why do I have it on my PC? There is no help prompt and there are many differences between the PC and mobile versions. Don't know why Adobe is not talking about it that I can find.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why do I have it on my PC? There is no help prompt and there are many differences between the PC and mobile versions. Don't know why Adobe is not talking about it that I can find.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screen shot of the app on your PC so we can see what you are seeing? Use the Insert Image button (mountain and sun) in a reply window.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already figured out what's going on. Adobe requires a paid premium membership to get the additional features included free with the mobile version. Adobe made no attempt to explain this when I downloaded it from my Creative Cloud account. When I tried Photoshop Express to reduce noise in an image it looked very good until I opened the edited image in PS 2022. Then it looked horrible. There is no reason for this. I had hoped to use PS Express for quick basic fixes on small projects. I've already deleted PS Express and I'm looking at other photo editing programs to replace PS. And there are many good choices out there. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have a paid subscription so I have all the features on the app on my iPhone but not on my PC. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits