• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop Express support psd and tif files?

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the cc photo package (lightroom, lightroom classic, photoshop, photoshop express).  Photoshop Express appears not to support either PSD or TIF.  Or am I missing something?......Izzy

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Thanks for the reply.  It was 3.6 on Win10.  In any case it doesn't matter now.  I basically use LRC and PS, but I figured since PSE was a part of the package anyway it didn't hurt to have a look.  I liked what I saw.  It has good possibilities.  Even if only to see what the various edits look like.  Without support for PSD and\or TIF though, for me at least it's just taking up space.  I uninstalled it.  I can always reinstall it if I change my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Izzy,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that TIF files are not opening in Photoshop Express. We're here to help.

Which version of Photoshop Express are you using? Can you please share the device specification?

PSD files are not supported in Photoshop Express; however, TIF files should open. Can you tell us with which device the TIF files you are trying to import are taken? Do you see any error messages?

Check supported file formats of Photoshop Express: HERE

You can try re-logging into the account and reinstalling the application.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  It was 3.6 on Win10.  In any case it doesn't matter now.  I basically use LRC and PS, but I figured since PSE was a part of the package anyway it didn't hurt to have a look.  I liked what I saw.  It has good possibilities.  Even if only to see what the various edits look like.  Without support for PSD and\or TIF though, for me at least it's just taking up space.  I uninstalled it.  I can always reinstall it if I change my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines