Edit Chinese text in outline font to be OCR-able

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to OCR text in a poster image. The text is in Chinese Mandarin Simplified characters. The problem is with the font, which has the stokes of the character in white with a black border.  I use Pleco OCR on my Android phone, which works very well on simple black text on a white background (or white on black) .  But Pleco treats the border as part of the character and mis-recognizes. Is there any way to use Photoshop Express on my Android phone to modify to imasge to remove the borders?

An approximate example of what I am dealing with can be seen at https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm4JccrLtXRhal9pOrPoUeLH-pRBDS5zXZa0t6674eajek...

I could also send someone one of the images I am working on.  They are somewhat more difficult because of colored graphics backgrounds.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I  wish there were some way to upload an image to attach to the post.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits