how to change the input direction of a text bubble in photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had some success with this earlier this evening, but now it looks like there is a "path" that is getting cut.. 

I'm trying to use the rectangular marquee tool to select part of the text bubble to cut , and then I wanted to paste in another tab so I could flip it horizontally. 

For some reason now when I attempt to cut part of the text bubble (with the rectangular marquee tool), it cuts the whole text bubble off the page.

I can't tell if I changed a preference somewhere

how can I sever the text bubble so I can edit where the input direction comes from?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear that the "Rectangular Marquee" tool is not working properly in Photoshop. 

Which version of Photoshop and operating system are you using? Is it happening with just one file? Can you please try using the tool with a new file and see if it is happening for that as well? 
If it doesn't work, try to reset the tools followed by Photoshop preferences. 
Steps to reset the Tools and Preferences: 
To reset all the tools at once, right-click on the icon of whatever tool is currently selected in the Tool Options, select “Reset All Tools,” and then click “OK.” When you use the Reset All Tools option, this will also reset all the tool selections in the Tools bar to their defaults.
You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG Let us know how it goes. 

Let us know if this helps.

Regards, 

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits