How to curve text using ipad apps

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am relatively new to using the multiple apps on the ipad, and am finding it difficult to distinguish between what these can do, and what a desktop mac can do.

Onwards to my query, I am creating a logo that has the main name in a ribbon banner, using a font from the Adobe typekit. 

I can find/draw the ribbon banner, however is it possible to create a curved path for the text?

I have searched through the adobe apps-draw,illustrator,comp though could not see a way. 

Photoshop app offers preset curves, though I also couldn't see how to change the font to the one I have.

Advice gratefully received, I'm quite puzzled and feel daft!

many thanks

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to type text on a path in Photoshop CC.   See link below for details.  But I can't tell you if it's doable in current mobile apps.  

https://www.technokids.com/blog/apps/wrap-text-along-a-shape-path-using-photoshop-cc/

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

thankyou for your reply. I remember the path process from Photoshop, your post encouraged me to return into the ipad photoshop express and comp to have a look again, though I still couldn’t find an option for curve.

The solution will arrive no doubt!

thanks again, 

Sarah

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah, were you able to figure out now to do this? I'm having the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tessa, did you have any luck? I am debating on finding a free website that warps text and taking the image file to import back into Photoshop. I'm still searching.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone figure this out? Seems like it should be a simple function but I can't figure it out. Understand the multiple ways to do on the computer but the iPad functionality is hiding from me. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits