How to layer pictures on photoshop express

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Need help laying a picture onto another picture using the photoshop express app on my iPhone

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only import a single photo in photoshop express. You can use Adobe Photoshop Mix app for this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In mix app when I upload a photo that is black and white, the colors invert. How do I keep it from doing this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That... Is very very very annoying Photoshop's whole deal is layering. Also, mix app only seems to let you cut things out with a magic wand type tool and there doesn't seem to be any way to add a background color or anything. Absolute garbage. You used to have a perfectly good all in one Photoshop app for android, I will never understand why you decided to break it up into a trillion useless apps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Photoshop for iPad.  It's not desktop Photoshop but it supports layers among other things.

Adobe Photoshop on iPad

Minimum system requirements

System requirements | Photoshop on the iPad

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution is to buy another device just to use the layering feature? IPads are pretty expensive, can I count of you to accommodate me one. Since its your suggested work around. Ridiculousness. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the right tools for the task.  PS Express is a free mobile app for quick photo edits, light retouching and sharing on social media.  The features in PS Express are described below.  Notice that some features are only available for iOS devices.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-express-help.html

When PS Express cannot provide the features you're looking for, use another tool.  See below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/mobile-apps.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. What's the point of a mobile Photoshop app if it's the same as every other filter/collage app.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can add a watermark of your own making, when you go to export. using the app on your phone. you can change the size, position and opacity

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to crop in photoshop express

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See using the crop tool in PS Express

Cropping

[Moved from Photoshop to PS Express]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Photoshop's main component is layering, but I don't see the ability to import a second image in the PS app. It's truly baffling. Could Adobe truly making fools of themselves here? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits