?? How to resize in Photo Shop Express

Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on hold for two 30 minutes sessions to find out how to get out of Photo Shop Express.

All I want to do is resize a picture. It comes up, but I can't figure out how to resize. So, I really want to

get out of Photo Shop Express and go to another product unless someone can help. me.

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann

Sorry for the difficulties.  In case it's not too late, here are some steps for accessing our online Editor's image resize tool:

1. If you are already a member of Photoshop.com, sign in your account.  You can access you account at either www.photoshop.com or http://www.photoshop.com/tools/organizer

2. If you are a member, and have not already uploaded your photo to you online account, please do so. Look for the 'Upload' button at the top right of the Photoshop Express Online Organizer (http://www.photoshop.com/tools/organizer).  Select your image, and click the Edit button at the bottom of the Window.

If you are not a member, you can still access our online Editor at this URL:  http://www.photoshop.com/tools?wf=editor   Just go to this page and upload your photo to begin editing it.

3. Once you have your image open in the Online Editor, find the 'Resize' button on the left next to our other editing tools.  Then choose the resize settings you like and click 'Save' when you're done.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of preset resize options; profile, mobile, email and website.  And a custom resize. When selected you can then enter the resize in pixels in the W and H boxes. But you can only resize to the original aspect ratio.

So if you crop a photo to a different aspect ratio e.g. square, then you can't resize it without it changing back to it's original aspect ratio. You have to save the cropped photo first and then re-upload it before re-sizing, only then can you re-size to the new aspect ratio. Obviously a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a laugh.  I want to resize a picture.  I followed the directions above.  When I chose a file I was told it was too large.  Yes it is.  That is why I want to resize it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official Adobe answer above assumes the user is on a computer. I am using the Photoshop Express app on an android tablet without Flash, so I cannot use the website.

I would be really interested to find a manual for the app, as it seems to be very different from the website version and there is NO DEDICATED HELP for the app on the Adobe site - or even a detailed description of what it's supposed to do.

In fact just searching for Photoshop Express on the Adobe front page brings up zero results. Is this being discontinued, or what?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for resizing in the Android app. Why is this not a feature? It seems like it would be easy to implement as there is already a preference to save images at smaller sizes. Please let us resize on demand with the app. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to figure out how (or if) this can be done using Photoshop Express on the iPhone. Does anyone know if this is an option? I’ve tried all of the Adobe apps to try and resize an image but haven’t had any luck. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying to simply resize a few photos to use for profile photos. My Granddaughter just got her own phone and her selfies are a little closeup at the moment. I'm not looking to correct her, as she's perfect.

I subscribe to Adobe products and have been using them for decades. The point of using Photoshop Express is supposed to be ease and convenience.  I use it because I don't always have the time to upload the photos from my phone to my computer just to do a simple resize, then download it back to my phone just to use her picture for a profile picture on a mobile app.

My tech guru passed this last year, but if you can't fix thus with a patch in an update, when I find an app that will work, if I can use them for other things I use your apps for, I see no reason not to change over.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on it after wasting entirely too much time for what should be a basic, inherent feature. I installed another app called Photo Resizer, and was done in a few seconds (once I figured out how to save it).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is stupid. I've very savvy with it on the pc and even GIMP. But try to do it on the phone? Something so simple should be here. But nope.

Now I have to:

go to my google photos.

save it to my computer.

Open it in GIMP.

Resize it.

Export it

Then upload it ot the site.

Soooo annoying. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resize it to a specific amount of pixels for a profile photo for a specific site. I need it to be 160x220. That's it. Not a big deal but I can't figure out how to do this at all. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple. I'm using Photoshop Express on an Android 9 phone.

1. Select your photo from the gallery after opening the PS Express app.

2. Choose the crop icon from the bottom menu.

3. Select Aspect Ratio (default choice - it should be selected the first time you are here)

4. Scroll the aspect ratio options all the way to the right and choose Custom

5. In the popup window enter the resize target pixel size. If the link dimensions option is darkened then you can choose either Width or Height and the other dimension will update to preserve your current aspect ratio.

6. Press Apply

7. Your image has been resized. Press Next in the upper right corner to save / send / post your resized image. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but it doesn't allow an increase in size/ppi. I'm sorry but I knew this already. this doesn't help. SO frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "custom" option anywhere in Aspect Ratio. The choices are  Basic, Social Media, Print, Digital Ads, none of them have a "custom" option on the iPhone app. So frustrating, this is such a basic function.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as the previous poster said.  Thanks but what you described is how to crop it to a specific size.  There does not seem to be anyway to actually resize the image without losing part of the image to a crop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't been able to find a way to resize my photos either in Photo Shop Express, however, I have found a way to easily resize my photos for emailing etc.  In Windows press the START button, Scroll Down to PHOTOS then select a photo saved on your computer that you want to downsize, SELECT, then OPEN photo. Next CLICK ON THE THREE (3) HORIZONTAL DOTS on the upper right side, then select RESIZE. There are three preset sizes but select DEFINE CUSTOM DIMENTIONS where you can select whatever size you like. I is really very easy this way.  I like all ther other features of Photo Shop Express as I don't need professional type programs but find it hard to believe that resizing was not inclued in the features.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't been able to find a way to resize my photos in Photo Shop Express, however, I have found a way to easily resize my photos for emailing etc.  In Windows press the START button, Scroll Down to PHOTOS then select a photo saved on your computer that you want to downsize, SELECT, then OPEN photo. Next CLICK ON THE THREE (3) HORIZONTAL DOTS on the upper right side, then select RESIZE. There are three preset sizes but select DEFINE CUSTOM DIMENTIONS where you can select whatever size you like. I is really very easy this way.  I like all ther other features of Photo Shop Express as I don't need professional type programs but find it hard to believe that resizing was not inclued in the features..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I work on iOS, but checking on the faq I could find this that might help you with Android. Give a look at the screenshot 

4810EF72-3A6D-4384-8BC4-A7D70F7A3D24.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On iOS, look under the Share icon (top right in 2022). You will find the resize option there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits