Issue with text box fade in PS Express

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the option to have a text with a square background and then fade just the background. Now, starting this week, I can no longer do that as now it fades even the text as well as the box it is in. Any help would be great. Thank you. 

5F1DF4AF-31F0-4332-9890-DCA3AE7D49EE.png

TOPICS
Bug , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern. 

Which version of Photoshop Express are you using? When was the last time you could change just the opacity of the background of the text? Can you share a sample image as a private message? 

I also tried reproducing it on my end; for a few text styles, it's just the text background that changes the opacity, and for a few, it's the entire block's opacity that changes. Can you try checking with other styles?

For example:
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 2.55.34 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 2.55.34 AM.jpeg

Here the Text is not changing the opacity; only the background changes.

However, in this font style, the entire block changes the opacity.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 2.55.34 AM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 2.55.34 AM (2).jpeg

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this still seems to be a bug and isn't working for me. I don't know if there was an update that got rid of the ability to only fade the background not the font also but I would like there to be an option again where i only fade the background and the font does not also get faded. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing for me since that update! 😞

I'm on version 22.13.0 for iOS.

I used text style SH17 for putting quotes on dark backgrounds.

But since the update, the text is affected by fading the fading too just as stated by OP. 

This is the only reason I'm using the app and I still have five months of membership left,

would love for this to be fixed.

Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits