Original Photo changes in Iphone apps

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I use Iphone 8 plus and everything works just fine

Today I shot some photos on my Fujifilm X T-20 and the photos are, on purpose (I like it that way) grainy, a lot

I uploaded photos, downloaded to my Iphone and when I open the photo (withou any app, just in my photo) they look great

But, when I open Instagram for instance and want to post it in Stories, the grain in the image suddenly smoothes! It also happens in Photoshop Express or some other app (Prequel)

I haven't had this issue until this moment and I really don't know what's the trick here

The photo is less than 10 MB, so it's normal size, I don't see a problem and even if Instagram would do something with it, I don't understand how Photoshop does the same ???

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Senjochka
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@senjochka wrote:

Original Photo changes in Iphone apps
It also happens in Photoshop Express or some other app (Prequel)

I don't understand how Photoshop does the same ???

Can you clarify if you are using Photoshop or Photoshop Express? Photoshop does not work on an iPhone and we can move your post.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Photoshop Express 

but when opened in Adobe Lightroom, the photo appears as original

so that is why I don't understand, both are from Adobe

thank you

Senjochka

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instagram and Facebook resize and recompress the file when you upload to their systems, so the interpolation used is probably causing the grain to be deminished.

In Express, and even apps like Lightroom and Photoshop, if you view your image at 100% you will see grain and sharpening accuratly. When you zoom way out, the previews at zoom levels under 100% can also affect the image quality - grain and sharpness are reduced or increased through whatever interpolation method is used for scaling the on screen preview. Nearest Neighbor produces pronounced sharpness/noise, bicubic generally softer.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits