• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Express does not override the original image, it only saves a copy of the edited file.

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Photoshop express refuses to modify the original photo, instead it saves the edited photo as a copy. I have toggled OFF save as a copy and still it will not modify the original photos creating duplicates. I am editing at least 40 photos a day and and this is frustrating. I deleted the app losing all of my themes and looks in hopes it would solve the issue and no change. Please help.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

We understand your concern and the difficulty you're going through; however, currently, we don't have an option to override the original in Photoshop Express. You can surely set up a location to save a copy of the edited file and later can select the original copies together and delete them. But we would want to improve the functionalities of the software.

Please follow the steps to share your feedback with the product team and submit a feature request.

Go to your Photoshop Express; click on the three lines on the top left; you will get the option "Help and Feedback."

Select that option and share your ideas with us.

We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you set up a location?? Whenever I work on any photo in Photoshop express on my phone and then save it, where the hell does it go? I've lost so many hours working on five since then losing them because of Photoshop express

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working on photos, not five

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TimmyQ ,

We are sorry for your difficulties. Please help us with your device details and the Photoshop Express version installed. Please go to your account details in the application>> preferences>>Advance, then check the "Save location," which tells where your edited photos are saved.

You could share a screenshot of the location details, and I can guide you further.

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning, a question about a strange thing that has been happening to me recently. When I save a photo with the desired size, I then find it has 'doubled' in size. Thank you and best regards.
gian214@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines