Photoshop Express online no longer available?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Today I used the online editor, but after uploading some photos I was asked to log in in order to continue using the editor. I did it, and since then I wasn't able to access the editor anymore. Everytime I click on the link Adobe Photoshop page shows up. What's the problem? Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021
Hi @Faby5FAE (again -  ) and @Naomi5FE0 , Unfortunately, the online Photoshop Express web application is no longer available  Apparently, this was an experimental build from Adobe and was never intended to be available as a fully-fledged long-term Adobe application (unlike its mobile and desktop counterparts). I'm quite in agreement with you that this news is disappointing, but a few of the handy features of the online Photoshop Express web application have been integrated into the Adobe...

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. Did they take it down?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Faby5FAE (again - 🙂 ) and @Naomi5FE0 ,

Unfortunately, the online Photoshop Express web application is no longer available 😞

Apparently, this was an experimental build from Adobe and was never intended to be available as a fully-fledged long-term Adobe application (unlike its mobile and desktop counterparts).

I'm quite in agreement with you that this news is disappointing, but a few of the handy features of the online Photoshop Express web application have been integrated into the Adobe Spark product (which is an amazing free online publishing tool that I highly recommend you check out if you've not done so already):

Resize Photos 

Background Remover

Convert JPG to PNG

Convert PNG to JPG

Obviously, this is only a small part of what the online Photoshop Express web application was capable of. For a more expanded feature set, the Windows 10 desktop version of Photoshop Express (available to download for free from the Microsoft Store) offers:

- Looks (Portrait / Nature / Pop Color / Duo Tone)

- Crop / Rotate / Straighten

- Corrections (Light / Color / Effects / Details / Split Tone / Blur)

- Spot Heal

- Fix Red Eye / Pet Eye

- Borders (Basic / Edges / Frames)

If you've not already tried it, I highly recommend giving the Adobe Photoshop Express desktop application a whirl:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRFJ27N

Of course, the mobile apps (both for iPhone and Android) are where the main focus of development now lies, so if you've got access to a mobile phone then there's a whole bunch of features on both mobile platforms that you can get very creative with.

I think between Adobe Spark, the desktop version of Photoshop Express, and the mobile versions of Photoshop Express, almost everything that the online Photoshop Express web application did is still available (although of course not in one neat, unified package). Except Art Effects - sorry, the cool Art Effects feature doesn't appear to have survived (for now, anyway - keeping my fingers-crossed that it gets brought back to life somewhere across the Adobe product line).

So, sorry about the sad news re. the online Photoshop Express web application, but I hope you all get to have some creative fun using the alternatives I've outlined in this post.

Take care 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We loved that application. For simple product photos to prepare them for our website etc. It didn't require a bunch of learning. You could in a few clicks fix a photo, resize, remove the background and then download it in the res and file type you wanted. Honestly, it was perfect. I don't understand why they would make it more complex. We pay for the full adobe suite and still used that application

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits