PS Express won‘t launch as Photos plugin

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I always used (and still want to use) PS Express from within the Apple Photos app.

So when I‘m in Edit mode in the Photos app I used to tap on the … button to get the list of Photos plugins and chose PS Express from that little popup window. This immediately brought me to PS Express where I could do my edits and then smoothly return to the Photos app.

This used to work on my iPhones for a long time. And it still does work on my latest iPad Pro 12.9“ (2018, 3rd gen).

However, on my new iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.1) this doesn‘t work anymore. Instead, when trying to invoke PS Express in the above described way I get an info screen from PS Express that tells me I have to use the share sheet way of getting my photo into PS Express and edit it there.

Here‘s a little screencast I made that shows the problem:

Dropbox - ScreenRecording_11-16-2018 08-50-28.MP4

And here‘s a little screencast from my iPad Pro that shows how I‘d like to use PS Express in my workflow:

Dropbox - IMG_0083.TRIM.MOV

I suspect it might be a memory issue on the iPhone?

However, the developers surely know under what condition they show this info screen that can be seen at the end of the first video.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Stefan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?