Question about "personalized experience"by sharing my data with Adobe

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Express settings the only options pertaining to actual photos are for resize and image quality, pretty basic.  The only other option is shown on the left hand side of the screen under "TRACKING" and it says:  "To provide a more personalized experience and improve product features PS Express sends Adobe information on how you use the app."

Can someone explain to me just how my experience will be personalized by sharing my data? in broader terms I don't put a whole lot  of faith in tech co's actually listening to their users/customers input and providing features based on what they learn. It seems that they have an idea of what they wish to produce and produce it. Often ignoring for years the requests for missing features and often rermoving the ones thawt make the most sense.  But nmore specifically to Adobe and PS Express what changes can I expect to see that are taylored directly at my personal experience if this data share is enabled? Is my copy of PS Express goinmg to behave differently than the next persons? Or is it merely a way for the company to market me?  My personal experience with ads generated by my browser history or other apps?  This makes more sense to me than anything else thtey might offer but if thats the case, shouldn't they say so rather that beat around the bush making it sound like my time with PS Express wioll be that much better than if I opt out?  Honestly I don;t see how they can stand by this claim of a "personalized experience " when using a very basic photo editor with a grand total of three settings options and 1/3 ofg them is the question I'm asking about.  Thanks much, I look forward to some clarifications.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's nothing to be paranoid about.  Adobe and other software makers look at metrics to improve the software application based on how users actually interact with it.  MS and Apple do the same thing. You can opt in or out, your choice.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits