• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Photo options in Photoshop Express

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if either Photoshop Express or Lightroom Moble apps have the ability to resize photos (in pixels) ?  I need an app that I can standardize on across iPhone/iPad and Android Phone/Tablet.  If not Adobe any suggestions.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone answer this question....please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can crop your photos to a particular aspect ratio in Photoshop Express App. But they don't have ability to resize as per your specification in pixels. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kusha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasn't this been added as a feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be added as a feature? There is the option to save as a smaller image always by preference, but it would be nice to be able to resize on demand, even if it wasn't by pixels, but at least a few options (e.g.: large, medium, small, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use this on: Resize your image for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s crazy. Adobe needs to work on that. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty sad. Resizing an image or a canvas is 101 level stuff (at most). Pathetic considering the simplicity of implementing such a basic function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the event adobe might be reading this; come on people! U would think such rudimentary functions were long ago contained in a shared library. And, if they already are, then your product people might want to do a historical analysis on basic image transform tools over time. You'll find that resizing an image or canvas is one of the most basic. Please add proper resize image/canvas functions to the similarly "basic" Photoshop Express software (I'm on Android ATM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh... Adobe... "Basic" image/canvas  transform tools" includes making an image or canvas LARGER than it is currently. There is very little excuse for not providing such basic functions in a basic/free program. It just annoys people and motivates them to look for an adequately capable tool. IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the amount of money we pay Adobe monthly the fact that Adobe can't add the option to resize images in either Light room CC mobile or PS express is absolutely ridiculous. I can't say how many times I've needed to scale down an account pic (pintrest for example to 165x165 pxls) and the fact I have to go on to my computer to resize an object when I am holding a phone powerful enough to help pilot a space craft is ludicrous. Good thing the iPhone X (and the soon XS) is more expensive than some mid range Macbook Air but all I can do with my Adobe apps is edit my photos more or less exactly the same way as directly in the Instagram app already. Thanks for giving us a couple redundant apps that really serve no purpose to your design base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programs' shortcomings that prompted the original post here two years ago still exists today.

I used Photoshop for many years and loved it, but I downloaded Photoshop Express today for the first time and I'm just about to uninstall it.  (Desktop version).

It has a few features and a simple interface that I thought would work fine, but I can't get past the really unbelievable lack of image size information.  There's a resize function with a slider allowing me to resize via the long side - in 200 pixel increments.  Not great, but it could be usable - if the program showed me the other side.  How exactly am I supposed to know if I want to resize the pic if I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE THE PICTURE IS NOW?  What a joke.  Uninstalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - I just complained about it now in 2020. There is an app called PhotoCompress which I've been using that kind of works.  My son-in-law works at a mine north of the Artic Circle and they have a 6 Meg limit on email.  If I'm sending him pictures I have to trial and error to get it right. I think it's a disgrace that Adobe will not fix this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also here in 2020 and rather suprized to know that given all the options this little peice of software has it can't make a picture smaller...

What in the world were they thinking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I think what we have to remember here is that although you can do an awful lot with Photoshop Express, it is still a very abridged version of the full Photoshop and cannot do everything.    It is a great program for beginners to photo editing and I do understand that once we can edit in one program we expect all versions to be able to do the same type of editing.  However, there is a crop tool and there are 34 different size templates that you can crop to which, in my opinion, is pretty good for free software.

When you select the share option you can see the pixel size of the image you are going to share before you attach it to email.  

If you are taking your images with a high end camera you could try taking a smaller image initially, for example a JPEG rather than a RAW file or reducing the quality from Fine to basic - this will reduce your file size before you import it to PS Express for editing.  Then if you want to reduce it further, you could crop into it.  

I hope the above helps - by the way, I don't work for Adobe and I don't get anything from them for singing their praises!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can make an image smaller. Click the "crop" menu and select "custom". You can type in image dimensions.  Crap... I found a preference setting for max image scale size. I saved my image and it indeed said "8000 pixels wide from an original 3200. However, the saved image was not, in fact resized. Very unfortunate. If it had worked, i could have then cropped the larger image to accomplish the "very basic" canvas resize I originally intended to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I just read your reply in 2020 about where your son works while I sit here at my computer in Fairbanks, AK...your son must be nearby me?  Small world.  >>>Yes, Adobe, I HATE the fact you don't allow custom photo resizing by pixel or inches.  I am so irritated by this I am actually typing my irritation into a box on your support page.  PLEASE FIX THIS!!!  I pay you $30 a month for the Adobe suite and I want an easy way to resize my images to exact dimensions without needing to boot up photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite get the complaints?... at least on iOS there definitely is (and has already been for quite some time) a feature to resize images in pixel.

As already stated, there's the crop tool letting you choose different aspect ratios or custom cropping - but for resizing you need to finish all of your editing and hit the "save/share" button. And right there, below the little preview image and above the options for watermarking, sharing to Social Media and what not... there's a little button showing you the current size of the image. Tap it and a list of suggested sizes will pop up, as well as a custom option at the bottom. Just enter your desired pixel size in numbers OR drag the slider to increase/decrease the size, then hit the back button and save your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't that option on the Windows 10 app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MoonshineMist. I can now resize my images. Under the Custom Resize there's even a Make Square switch which is very useful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually... I misspoke. I'm pretty sure you can make an image smaller or larger by setting the "Max image scale preference where you set the horizontal pixel dimension for saved images". It shouldn't be this complicated. Adobe; please add basic image/canvas transform tools to this "basic" software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from the future, 2023! Yep, still not a feature. Bye bye, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a simple thing, but Adobe will not do it. Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke this is, it's 2024 and the most basic of features missing.

Stupid me, paying for Adobe software and I can't even edit a passport photo down to a resolution compliant with the local government. Now I need to download some other editing software. Gives me an incentive to finally get rid of my Adobe subscriptions. Time to move on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Golly, I complained about this so many years ago, and it’s still a problem.
I have no sense of pixel numbers, but I do conceptualize kb & meg. Why
can’t this way of understanding volume of message size be incorporated in
Acrobat, which I otherwise love?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines