Using option PS Effect in Photoshop Express (Iphone)

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the "PS effect" feature in the PS Express. I am following the instructions to connect remotely to PS.  See the screenshots attached. 

I  am connected to the same wifi, I enable remote connection in Photoshop on my pc, I re-launch the app and the program. I am still not able to connect. It is not clear in the tutorial what to put in the server name? and the password? 

Can you help me to know what should I put in these fields? 

TOPICS
How to , iOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is very flaky over WiFi. And by flaky, I mean it does not work well at all. Thus, I tested this over an Ethernet connection using PS Express on iPad Pro to Photoshop on Windows 10 Pro. That method seems pretty stable. However, that kind of defeats the purpose of PS Express on iPad and/or iPhone. Connecting your handheld device to a docking station so you can use Ethernet for the file transfer is clunky and not a very desirable workflow. Most users probably won't have that capability and even if they can do that, will they bother?  The only reason I tried the wired connection method was to confirm that this feature would actually work consistently.

If Adobe could fix the connection problems and add some more functionality, this could be a very powerful feature. Imagine the jobs you could kick off from your iOS device to Photoshop on the desktop! The possibilities are exciting. Like the ability to run any Photoshop Action on any image on your device. Then dump the new image to the Cloud. That'd be sweet. Until then, this is pretty much a novelty act.

That's my two cents.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your question, you can put in whatever you want for Service Name and Password. If you can actually get your iPhone to connect, you will see that name in the Connection Dialog box in PS Express. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Photoshop Express Creative Edits