• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 11. now photoshop won't even open

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to open photoshop, nothing happens. like no loading symbols or anything, almost like the button doesn't have a link in it or something. i just updated to windows 11.

i tried opening the app from a few different places.

also, illustrator opens with no problems, so that's odd....

also! when i tried to uninstall photoshop it told me that i can't uninstall a program while it's open .....................

{Moved to correct board by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Hi everyone,

Adobe Support chat helped me solve this issue.  They did a combination of things mentioned in this chat.  I didn't know how to run some of the tools and they did it for me during a remote session.  I was impressed how fast I was able to reach someone and get it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a fix for this problem.  I am launching organizer and then right clicking to load Photoshop to edit an exisiting photo then I can add more pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to D:\Program Files\Adobe Photoshop 2022, right-clicked on PhotoShop.exe, chose properties > compatibility and under settings I checked "Run this Program as an Administrator". I also set Windows User Account Control setting to "Never Notify", so as not to get annoying alerts about PhotoShop being run as an Administrator. Now PhotoShop starts and I may right-click on images to choose "Open with PhotoShop".

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I've been using Photoshop on a new Win 11 computer since March with no issues.  Yesterday Photoshop was working.  Today it's not opening.  It shows up in Task Manager as running.

I tried:

* Rebooting

* Uninstalling and Reinstalling

* Run Program as Administrator as Garnaal wrote about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Adobe Support chat helped me solve this issue.  They did a combination of things mentioned in this chat.  I didn't know how to run some of the tools and they did it for me during a remote session.  I was impressed how fast I was able to reach someone and get it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines