Doesn't work

Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app has stopped running today. The logo appears and the app is being dropped then.

IOS 10.3.2

I found two work-arounds, neither of which makes much sense, but for anyone else who is encountering this problem, here they are.

First, I discovered that I could use the app as long as I was not hooked up to wifi. My sons (who set up the wifi) say this has nothing to do with how our wifi is set or with the service provider.

Second, my son was able to use the app when logged in under his own Adobe account, so he suggested I set up a new Adobe account using a different email account. I was using a gmail account. I set up a new Adobe account using a yahoo email ID. This solved the problem entirely. I can have wifi running and everything.

I have started making a point of having as few other tabs open and have doing reboots to clear memory more frequently, so I don't know for sure anymore how much memory has to do with it. Maybe none.

So, I'm back in business (after a month of trying everything). But I have my app back, and for this app, it was worth it.

Thank you for the feedback. Without it, I would not have kept on looking for a solution.

♡ ི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ ♡

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Doesn't work

Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app has stopped running today. The logo appears and the app is being dropped then.

IOS 10.3.2

I found two work-arounds, neither of which makes much sense, but for anyone else who is encountering this problem, here they are.

First, I discovered that I could use the app as long as I was not hooked up to wifi. My sons (who set up the wifi) say this has nothing to do with how our wifi is set or with the service provider.

Second, my son was able to use the app when logged in under his own Adobe account, so he suggested I set up a new Adobe account using a different email account. I was using a gmail account. I set up a new Adobe account using a yahoo email ID. This solved the problem entirely. I can have wifi running and everything.

I have started making a point of having as few other tabs open and have doing reboots to clear memory more frequently, so I don't know for sure anymore how much memory has to do with it. Maybe none.

So, I'm back in business (after a month of trying everything). But I have my app back, and for this app, it was worth it.

Thank you for the feedback. Without it, I would not have kept on looking for a solution.

♡ ི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ ♡

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dee,

Please see iOS iPad Adobe Photoshop Fix App Crashes

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2017 0
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sheena: The link you provided does not answer the question. The staff person just asked for more information. It's flagged as "Aswered" but it was not. I left a reply there describing the problem which occurs on both my iPad Pros. I think it may be related to your latest "upgrade." Please help. This is my favorite photo editing app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patricia,

Is the app updated to the latest version?

Additionally, can you also let me know the scenarios when does it crash? Like when you save a file or when you use a specific tool?

Also, could you let me know if you are connected to a company network or open network?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2017 0
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a home wifi network my family shares. The app is up-to-date (have reloaded several times). So is the IOS version. Problem occurs on both iOS 10.3.2 and iOS 10.3.3. Problem occurs on both an IPad Pro Mini I got a year ago and on the new iPad Pro 10.5 I got in June. I have restarted my new iPad Pro from factory settings 5(!) times, 3 times with guidance from Apple Support. I have a large number of photos, 56K+, but the app finds them promptly. I have plenty of free space (150+ Gigs).

New ⋙ I just tested (advised in chat with one of your support people) and (this is important:) the same problem occurs for PhotoShop Mix.

I successfully used PS Fix from about February through June, when the bug appeared. I consider(ed) PS Fix to be the best photo editing app available for iPad. When it works.

The problem is, I can bring up the app, it finds my photos. I can select a photo and begin to work on it using a stylus (either a plain capacitative stylus or Apple Pencil). I can edit the photo (e.g. using "Smooth") for one to 20 seconds. Then the screen flashes (very briefly) and goes black. After a few seconds, the Apple logo appears and the iPad reboots. The same thing happens if I attempt to edit one of the test photos provided by the app.

I have tested dozens of photo editing apps and wrote a review of them about a year ago. My experience is that with free apps, about 15-20% of them just don't work. So I delete that app and write it off. It's possible that thousands of iPad Pro users are doing that with PS Fix. It's possible that the app works fine on other devices. But iPads are still the industry standard, so my suggestion is you fix the problem or get rid of the support people.

My husband is the retired CIO of Mayo Clinic. I am a retired systems analyst. One of my responsibilities was making device and application recommendations to purchasers in our organization. I have two sons in IT. All of us are flummoxed. I have resorted to using Pixelmator. My remaining hope is that IOS 11 due out this fall will fix the bug. Or if – as Apple Support maintains – it is a problem with the app, that you will.

P.S. I had three separate chats with people at Adobe Support early this week. At the end of the last one, the woman said she would check into the bug and email me back in 24 hours. I have not heard back from her.

I have offered to send you guys my physical device so you can see the problem, if you would like.

Patricia Gibbons

Rochester MN

psghiawatha@yahoo.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 1
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did one additional test. I set up a brand new Apple ID (account) so I could start with a "vanilla" environment on one of my iPads (the iPad Pro Mini). I did not restore from backup from either iCloud or iTunes. This means I have NO photos on the device, except one screenshot I just made. The only other apps I have on the device are those that come pre-installed on every new iPad Pro.

This is did NOT solve the problem. The app crashed my iPad within 10 seconds of my attempting to edit one of the test photos (using the "Smooth" function). Understand, the app not only stops working, but the Apple logo appears and the entire system "reboots." This is a significant #Fail.

I talked Apple Support into sending me a brand new iPad Pro on the off-chance the problem was specific to my individual device. No luck, the same thing happened even on an entirely new device.

Although the problem appears to be with the PS Fix (and PS Mix) apps, Apple Support did tell me that they would attempt to contact your development team in the event the problem persisted, which it has. This does not appear to be a "Help Desk" issue but something which will need to be discussed between the two technical development teams.

I can only believe at this point that PS Fix/Mix does not run on Apple's iPad Pro, either the Mini or the newer iPad Pro 10.5. Perhaps this is true of the entire Adobe mobile suite. My guess is the bug was introduced when the latest "upgrade" was made in mid-July as I had used PS Fix prior to that time for about six months with no problems.

I will proceed to contact Apple Support at this time.

If you have any insights, please let me know at (personal details removed by moderator).

Sincerely

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 1
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

I have been using PS Fix on my iPad Pro without any issue. I have the original larger 12.9" iPad Pro from last year, not the newer one. Here is a screensnap showing me using the smooth tool to make active adjustments. There was no crash. I'm sorry this isn't a help, other than to demonstrate that the app does work, and there must be some unique problem with your instance. Hopefully the Adobe staff looking into this will be able to help further.

Note that I have removed your email from the previous response for privacy reasons. Please only share email by private message to Adobe staff or other ACPs or MVPs.

Mike

IMG_0534.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 1
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't know about not using my email.

Just to double check, your screenshot shows only a small amount of smoothing. Although the crashing I'm experiencing a few times has been almost immediate, more typically, it takes 10-20 seconds, with most of the screen being "pink." Once, I was even able to cover the entire screen and save the photo.

Do you regularly use the app?

I'm wondering now if if might have something to do with our router/wifi. Here I am definitely out of my depth. I use only wifi; no cellular. Are you using wifi, wifi/cellular or just cellular?

The next thing I need to do, I think, is to check into this when my son gets off work. He set up the wifi.

i am desperate to solve this mystery.

Thanks for your help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 0
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

Just to check, I opened my file and painted with the smooth tool for about 45 seconds, painting in an around areas, and covering most of the screen. Then I used “undo” and I redid it again a second time covering with different strokes and different areas. I wasn’t able to make the program crash.

Yes, I regularly use the app, but I rarely use the smooth tool, and almost never use the Fix app for more than local isolated adjustments that can’t be accomplished in LR Mobile. Most often cloning and healing.

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 1
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be a memory problem. I can get it to work if I disconnect from wifi, close all other tabs, reboot RAM to clear and basically use my new iPad Pro (10.5 with 4G of RAM) as a device dedicated solely to running PS Fix. Then I can reconnect to WiFi and allow Photostream to send my edited photos to my other iPad Pro (Mini w 2G of RAM) where I can incorporate them into the rest of my workflow. Then I have to delete each photo from Fix. I also have to flatten the image frequently.

In other words, the highest configured iPad Pro can scarcely handle one app, whereas on the earlier iPad Pro with half the RAM, I can run two browsers (Safari and Chrome), each with up to 10 (sometimes more tabs open) not to mention working on several files in Pages and several other photo editing apps (including Apple's native photos app, Snapseed, Pixelmator, Photowall HD and various filtering, texture etc apps) without closing them. Also, I am using Twitter to set up Moments for my photo albums, send the photos to my followers, and uploading and incorporating them into my blog.

From early this year through the end of June, PhotoShop Fix fit into this flow eaily.

I edit 300-500 photos a week, selected from well over 1000 shots a week. I was using Fix for most of the editing.

My son, who has a BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and a MSc in computer graphic design, says the app appears to be a memory hog, or is buggy and the developers don't realize it. My current situation is sub-optimal. I have to go back to work on my blog full-time next week. i have contact info for a guy at AppleCare who said they would contact Adobe if necessary. So I guess I will do that. 

Thanks for your help. If you have any tips for clearing memory, I'd be grateful. I've tried everything my son showed me plus what I could find online.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017 0
Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

♡ ི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ ♡

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2017 0
Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With newer iPad Pro 12.9 512 gigs no adobe app sees apple pencil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2017 0