Photoshop Fix crashed rapidly

Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still works quite well in some features, but crashes immediately when I press the "Healing", "Liquify", "Color" and "Paint" tabs.

I have updated the latest version but it doesn't work. Any solution?

p/S: I'm using iOs 12 Beta 4

The issue seems to be fixed now.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Fix crashed rapidly

Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still works quite well in some features, but crashes immediately when I press the "Healing", "Liquify", "Color" and "Paint" tabs.

I have updated the latest version but it doesn't work. Any solution?

p/S: I'm using iOs 12 Beta 4

The issue seems to be fixed now.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is a strange behavior. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if anything changes?

Also, does the crash happens when you're working with any specific file or have you tried to import other files and check if the app features work fine or not?

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 1
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior on iOS 12. It happens on all photos including the ones transferred directly from Lightroom. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not affect the behavior.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're testing the issue at our end with the engineers and there have been certain crash issues reported.

I'll update you once I hear more details for the same.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 1
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with ios12. Reinstall definitely does not work. There must be something in the code that crashes the app on 12

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 0
Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also the same problem I tough I'll fix in the ios 12 beta 11, but it does not work since ios 12 upgrade

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2018 0
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and several months later iOS 12 users continue to have photoshop fix crashing issues. Since we all are paying for this service that doesn’t wor I am beginning to believe the only way to get adobe to address the issue and relea an update is if we all cancel.

Seriously why are we, their customers, paying for a program that crashes upon openin? This is crazy and to be told “it’s fixed” and then the next day “oops wasn’t fixed but our technicians are aware of the problem“ makes several of us feel as though adobe can careless that their program is buggy and doesn’t work.

Adobe, stop telling us your technicians are aware of the proble, fix it and release the update. And refund your users who have now paid for 4 months of service that doesn’t work. Stop giving your users the run around.

Linda

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 1
Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the biggest issue isnt that the app is crashing; that happens often when a new iOS is released. This is why Apple release a developers Beta and Public beta, but why are we now a week away from iOS 12 being launched to the public and it still is not fixed? That’s why there is a 3 month period between announcing it and launching it. And why does it seem that it wasn’t being addressed before we brought it up in the forum in August, two months after the beta was released do developers... I am a very mobile person and most of my edits as an influencer are done on the road and quickly, these apps are essential for me because I cannot take a 27in iMac with me... i hope sheena is lighting a fire under the developers to at least have this issue fixed before the 12th when likely the public will be able to upgrade!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 0
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pleased to say that with all my complaints of this not being resolved in the last several months and my giving myself a date at which I would switch to a different photo app the issues with iOS 12 beta have been resolved.

Granted we still have the final system download today however I am confident it will continue working.

Two small glitches while running this last night on my iPhone with ios12 are:

it takes quite a while for the app to open. I’m only mentioning this because it was not like this before all the problems.

I ran several photos through last night and after 3-4 photos, when trying to upload a new photo out of my iPhone iPhoto, ps fix only allowed me to see the last roughly 20 photos vs being able to see & load any photo. When the import photo was clicked, it would immediately go to my “all photos” album like always, I would then see my photos from the most recent, however it stopped loading after about 20 or so photos.

The only way to resolve this was to close and restart the program. I ran several more photos through and had it happen a second time.

While this is something I can work through it is a bit of a pita especially when I’m trying to work on a lot of photos at once.

Aside from these 2 bugs all else appeared to be working great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 0