Precise clone stamp

Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing an image I often need to clone a piece of image precisely - for example, aligning a line on an edge of the stamp. In the desktop version of Photoshop CC I would select an area to clone and then drag the semi-transparent tool such that an edge aligns to the line.

Now I’m trying to do the same editing in Photoshop Fix (v.1.7) on an iPad Pro. I couldn’t find a way to either see how the source will align before stamping or move the stamp into a more accurate location after it has been placed. I tried stamping while zoomed in and even then cannot get a good result in 5 or more attempts.

Is there a way or technique to stamp exactly where I want it?

To be specific, this is what I need to do:

45F53C4C-4610-4E9F-8376-E939EE508441.jpeg

Anton, I believe that for that much level of precision you will have to use the Photoshop CC app on your desktop.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Precise clone stamp

Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing an image I often need to clone a piece of image precisely - for example, aligning a line on an edge of the stamp. In the desktop version of Photoshop CC I would select an area to clone and then drag the semi-transparent tool such that an edge aligns to the line.

Now I’m trying to do the same editing in Photoshop Fix (v.1.7) on an iPad Pro. I couldn’t find a way to either see how the source will align before stamping or move the stamp into a more accurate location after it has been placed. I tried stamping while zoomed in and even then cannot get a good result in 5 or more attempts.

Is there a way or technique to stamp exactly where I want it?

To be specific, this is what I need to do:

45F53C4C-4610-4E9F-8376-E939EE508441.jpeg

Anton, I believe that for that much level of precision you will have to use the Photoshop CC app on your desktop.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anton,

I apologize for the troubles that you are been facing with the application.

I tried to test the same at my end but I was not facing any such issues. You might want to reduce the hardness of the clone stamp brush and then try.

Also, you can try to save your work and then uninstall and reinstall the application to see the correct results.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2017 0
Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, thanks for your response.

The clone stamp tool works in general, that’s not the issue. Let me try to rephrase. In the screenshot I posted you can see a line, I want to clone one segment of the line over another which has a blemish. When I do a clone, it stamps a bit off but almost never fits the line exactly, so I undo and retry, undo and retry.

i wish there was a way to preview or move the stamp a bit, and my question is if there is a way to achieve that precision.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2017 0
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same issue. So there's no way to align the cone stamp tool with the cursor (or where your finger is placed) to get a more precise clone? There's always about a quarter of an inch between my finger and the stamp tool area, thus making it never align correctly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0