Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution dropping

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my issue.

I scan an image, and save it at 300 dpi.

When I open the file in Photoshop (CS5.1 Ext), the resolution has dropped to 96.

This is a new computer, and I've never had this issue before. I feel like I must be missing a preset or a preference toggling or something. HALP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Is the pixel count of your file approximately the size of your scanned area multiplied by 300? If so, no need to worry, you can work with the file as is. If you like, you can reset the resolution (Image > Image Size) from 96 to 300 so it shows the dimensions you're looking for. By deselecting the Resample option, your pixel count will remain unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the pixel count of your file approximately the size of your scanned area multiplied by 300? If so, no need to worry, you can work with the file as is. If you like, you can reset the resolution (Image > Image Size) from 96 to 300 so it shows the dimensions you're looking for. By deselecting the Resample option, your pixel count will remain unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines