Trim an Image At An Angle

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - I have an image where I have a dotted red line running at roughly a 35 degree angle (from bottom of the image to the top of the image) and I want to remove everything to the right of the dotted red line.

I have tried using the lasso tool, and the Quick selection tool, but I never can get the "crop" directly at the edge of the dotted line.

What would be the best way for me to go about trimming the image in this fashion?

Hi Jonathan,

You can Contact Customer Care for more troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Sheena

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trim an Image At An Angle

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - I have an image where I have a dotted red line running at roughly a 35 degree angle (from bottom of the image to the top of the image) and I want to remove everything to the right of the dotted red line.

I have tried using the lasso tool, and the Quick selection tool, but I never can get the "crop" directly at the edge of the dotted line.

What would be the best way for me to go about trimming the image in this fashion?

Hi Jonathan,

Regards,

Sheena

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnathan,

I believe that the level of precision which you are trying to attain can be done on our desktop app.

You have tried the tools for cropping on PS Fix app already.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any tutorial or guide on how to do such through the desktop app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Johnathan, looping in Sahil.Chawla​ for the instructions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Littleboyblue,

Could you please share a screenshot of your project with us so that we can suggest you ways to how you can achieve the desired result?

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove everything to the right of the dotted red line on the right side of this image.

Logo.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, in the Photoshop Desktop App please use the "Quick Selection tool" as shown in the image below to make a selection of the area that you would like to remove from the image, once you have the area selected just hit the Delete key.

quick.jpg

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to bring in the right side of the image so that the "end" of the image follows the red dotted line?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about rotating the image or cropping it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2018 0