• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Questions on Photoshop for iPad?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do a radial gradient?  It only seems to do linear by default. 

Is there a way to make one of the gradient colors transparent?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, the answer to both of those questions is no, currently. I haven't found a way to create a radial gradient. Nor does there appear to be any way to adjust the opacity of an individual color for a gradient. Unfortunately, I think those need to be added to the list of requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't remarkable that such a ultra basic function is missing on Photoshop for iPad??

A matter of facts, almost every tool filter and adjustment layer is missing, including also liquify etc etc...

Apple iPad have been around for almost ten years now, so Adobe have had a lot of time to build something really good on iPad, but, Adobes ignorance toward the mobile community is clear here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that they're doing the typical release early, release often, gauge interest and determine which features are most asked for.

While I'm having tons of problems on my mac with stylus pressure, I have been able to switch back to the iPad for some things. But some of these missing features, like radial gradient, straight line lasoo, magic wand, uploadable brushes, etc. are pretty limiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though the iPad has been around for 10 years,  it wasn't really taken seriously as a creative tool by anyone until 4-5 years ago, when the iPad Pro came out.  I understand, it frustrating that there's frustrating that there's features missing,  but they are coming.  Photoshop for the iPad wasn't simply porting the code for the desktop over,  its built from the ground up and they're gradually adding features constantly as they figure out what works on the iPad and what doesn't.  Just have patience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true. We also need to keep in mind that there are currently inherent limitations in both the iPad hardware iPadOS, they can limit the ability to implement certain features.
Right now, the highest and iPad Pro hardware only has six gigs of RAM (Most models have 4 or less). That is to run the OS, apps, and background processes.

Also, up until this point, the iPad has been running the same operating system as the iPhone, and thus stuck with the same limitations. iOS is meant to be a mobile operating system and places a higher precedent on battery life than performance. Intensive memory management on processes, especially background processes, can limit the ability to implement resource intensive operations such as HDR and pano merge. Now that Apple has separated the two operating systems, I hope that they modify iPadOS to behave more like a desktop operating system than a mobile one.

I do believe that Adobe wants to bring these features to the iPad. But they also want to make sure that they work well and offer a positive user experience. Otherwise, there would just be a set of features that don't work well that we would complain about. It's not enough to do it, they want and need to do it right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and the ultra core function of a radial gradient or being able to tweak it at all still not implemented. Isn't it about time we stop doing apolegetics for Photoshop iPad with excuses like "iPad has only been taken seriously as a creative tool for 5 years" and "it's not simply porting it from the desktop"?

It's pretty hard to justify iOS Photoshop and Illustrator's extremely poor showing when tools from Aperture and Procreate have literally had this from years -- but a company with Adobe's resources that are supposedly the leader in creative software can't make it happen? Maybe we should raise the bar for Adobe a few inches off the ground.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Apple has indicated to Adobe that they are bringing a "MacOS App" mode to the iPad Pro soon, so Adobe has essentially stopped development on iPad PS. There's so much potential... I really like using PS on iPad when it works for me. If they would just develop the features out.

Radial gradient (and really any gradient editing options), warp tool, export as PDF... a few of the things I've found missing after going through the app a bit with my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not yet added in Photoshop Mobile, but you can request this feature at the Photoshop Feedback site.

Add your vote to this thread there:

Photoshop Mobile: Gradient tool options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the point ? It's 2022 and still missing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my convoluted way of achieving just that.

A group (or folder) made of linear gradients.

Then set your group (or folder) to luminosity or just multiply

Enjoy

I did it with just four but you can do 8 and get an even rounder gradient.

Francisco27517348pwqm_0-1670690158021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still can't believe I can't align stuff to the middle. 2022 folks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines