• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Pencil not working in photoshop app for iPad

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest iPad Pro and pencil, i haven’t noticed any issues using sketch or fresco with my pencil pairing, but i have had a ton of issues in photoshop. It seems to react to the pencil Immediately after docking but only for 30 secs or so, at which time it will not recognize my pencil. This is of course a huge issue while working in the app. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup (newest iPad Pro and Pencil) and I'm not seeing this. Are you sure the pencil tip is screwed on tightly? A loose tip can lead to all kinds of intermittent issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue, it is February 2020, my Apple Pencil will work with some of the tools in photo shop iPad for example the selection tool, I can also select different things like the brush tool with the pencil but when I go to draw nothing happens, then if I put the pencil down and touch the screen with my finger it draws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running into issues with Brush use with the pencil, is the issue with all brushes or only some of the preset brushes? If only with certain brushes does pressing harder with the pencil get marks made? We have had reports from a few users that pencil sensitivity is not soft enough. We are hoping to address this in a future release. Can folks running into problem go to preferences, enable Touch indicator in the Input section and make a screen recording of the issue you are seeing. (if unsure how to do a screen recording see https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/take-a-screenshot-or-screen-recording-ipad08a40f3b/ipados)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M Shaw,

Looks like this was a year ago, but I'm still having this problem. iPad Mini + Apple pencil 1st gen. The pencil is charged. Pencil can select tools, toggle menus, and even use selection tool. Can select brushes and eraser, but can't actually use them.

I've screen capped a demo for you. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BETTER VIDEO: Here's a demo of the bug with Touch indicator turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I am having this exact problem. I can use the gen 1 apple pencil for everything except brushes in Lightroom for iOS. 

I reset the iPad. I 'forgot' the pencil and reconnected. These worked for Photoshop, but not Lightroom. I cannot apply a brush mask using the apple pencil in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines