Copied

Apple Pencil is not working with photoshop for ipad

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple Pencil not working on Photoshop for iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Pencil is not working with photoshop for ipad

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind confirming the iPad and Apple Pencil version you are using? Also, is the application not registering any input using the Apple pencil or are you facing issues using the Apple pencil while using a brush/sketching?

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Apple Pencil 2 and the 2018 iPad Pro iOS version 13.1.3. I can use the pencil to choose something in the toolbar a brush etc. but it does not register if I try and use that tool. Apple Pencil is working fine in all other apps. Procreate Pixelmator etc. As suggested I deleted the app and re-downloaded that has not solved the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I'm using the Apple Pencil 2 and the 2018 iPad Pro iOS version.

I can use the pencil to choose something in the toolbar like a brush etc. I can also use the Apple Pencil with the  lasso  tool to select things, but it does not register if I try and use the brush, nothing happens, I can touch the screen with my finger And apply the brush tool but it just won't respond to the Apple Pencil.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Apple Pencil v1 and it works great on my standard IPad, it is even pressure sensitive. I wonder what the difference is?

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the same issue rises up when I am using Photoshop for iMac with an iPad Pro 2020 via screen sharing (Sidecar). The computer mouse works well with photoshop brush, but the apple pencil 2 is useful just for selecting tools. It doesn't extend to the pixel size of the selected brush.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bluetooth on? Pencil is paired and works with other apps? If so, try deleting PS for iPad and re-downloading.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running into issues with Brush use with the pencil, is the issue with all brushes or only some of the preset brushes? If only with certain brushes does pressing harder with the pencil get marks made? We have had reports from a few users that pencil sensitivity is not soft enough. We are hoping to address this in a future release. Can folks running into problem go to preferences, enable Touch indicator in the Input section and make a screen recording of the issue you are seeing. (if unsure how to do a screen recording see https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/take-a-screenshot-or-screen-recording-ipad08a40f3b/ipados)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the second issue you describe above where in order to get a strroke to show up, I have to press down with a LOT of pressure (It feels like I am going to break my iPad/apple pencil!)...do you know if this issue has been resolved or will be resolved soon? Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on pencil sensitivity and hope to have the changes available soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not affect most of the users here, but my iPad pencil stopped working and I was trying to find out why online. I did a simple restart of the app and it worked again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0