Highlighted

Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro and Photoshop for iPad

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really, really want to get started switching my illustration projects to the Photoshop app, but the pen gesture problem is driving me absolutely crazy. My hand is programmed to switch from pencil to eraser with a tap, but in Photoshop it just zooms in the comp slightly in and out. Makes it impossible to use.

I do hope this is an easy fix and that custom gestures for the Apple Pencil will be available very soon.

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro and Photoshop for iPad

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really, really want to get started switching my illustration projects to the Photoshop app, but the pen gesture problem is driving me absolutely crazy. My hand is programmed to switch from pencil to eraser with a tap, but in Photoshop it just zooms in the comp slightly in and out. Makes it impossible to use.

I do hope this is an easy fix and that custom gestures for the Apple Pencil will be available very soon.

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the home page tap on the gear icon on the top right to open settings. Go to Input section and turn off the pref for Stylus double tap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where this s moved, and yes, this drives me crazy as well-I really don't think double tapping the pencil should engage in an action not confirmed by a pressure action. Defaulting to disabling this feature essentially renders the 2nd gen pencil completely useless...could you guys at least consider adding the default Apple action which every other app out there uses?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Is double tap completely useless for photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0