Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot get brush sync to appear in advance settings in photoshop on the Ipad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Hi all,

Apologies for the confusion caused by the Brush Sync content that was mistakenly published. This feature is not currently available in Photoshop for iPad 2.0 but it is on the product team's roadmap. When Brush sync becomes available in the future, we'll announce here in the community and update the What's New documention.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem and i dont know why, i did a fresh install of PS today on my ipad after seeing they added this feature only to be disappointed that its missing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue I was told to go to App settings then input & select sync brushes as it is switched off by default but when I went to do this there are no brush settings under input..Very frustrated & Adobe are not exactly jumping to solve the problem so my patience is wearing thin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as I have stated above. I do not have any custom brushes so perhaps that is why Sync Brushes does not appear. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldnt be a problem if you dont have custom brushes on your main PS. The option should be there just greyed out by logic.. I have a lot of custom brushes that i use on my desktop PS and i still dont have the ''sync brushes' option on my ipad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is this going to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I've just updated my iPad, desktop Photoshop and iPad Photoshop (latest updated for app version 2.0.0, Oct. 2020). 

I've been trying to follow the steps outlined online here to sync the brushes:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.56.16 AM.png

Only there are no brush sync settings under Input. Nor is there a Manage Brushes option in the brushes panel (even the brush panel's description of the three dots "..." being in the top right of the panel is inaccurate, my "..." are on the bottom. I'm not sure which version of this app Adobe wrote these instructions for, but it certainly doesn't seem to be one I can access with the latest updates. Attached images are what my app shows. Also with the latest app update, the Photoshop app itself has been removed from my iPad's general settings application list; Adobe Draw, Adobe Sketch, Adobe Fresco, Adobe Illustrator are still there, the Photoshop app has vanished.

IMG_2883.PNGIMG_73E532047C3F-1.jpegIMG_9BA52C4CA351-1.jpeg

I am trying to get my brushes to sync. Both my purchased ones and those Kyle T Webster ones that now come with Creative Cloud. I reached out to tech support in chat for the last two hours and they turned out to be *useless*, merely referring me to the step-by-step article despite me repeatedly telling them those in app options were not actually there. The tech support member I was chatting with said they would look into it, told me to wait (so I did, trusting they were looking it up more in depth), and then they ended the chat. A morning wasted, and all I learned was what I knew before the chat with tech support, having found that same article and read through it before reaching out for assistance.

I hope Adobe addresses this soon. They've alienated half their users without brushes syncing; this app is pointless for any illustrators, graphic designers, digital painters and surface pattern designers without our brushes accessible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologies for the confusion caused by the Brush Sync content that was mistakenly published. This feature is not currently available in Photoshop for iPad 2.0 but it is on the product team's roadmap. When Brush sync becomes available in the future, we'll announce here in the community and update the What's New documention.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply and explaination. This situation seemed too strange and seemed like something was very wrong with the update; it makes more sense now. You mentioned "if and when",  I really hope brush syncing is still in the books for this mobile version of Photoshop. A large part of Photoshop's users are not photographers and having a mobile version that does not let you draw as you would in desktop is extremely frustrating and disappointing. So many of us illustrators, graphic artists and pattern makers keep waiting for Adobe to recognize we use Photoshop just as much as a photographer does in their professional work. Fresco has not been the best answer to drawing on iPads and Adobe Sketch has been great but both still have huge gaps. Lots of hope still pinned on Photoshop for iPad to eventually work as smoothly as the workflow on a desktop offers for all users, not just photo-based ones. 

Best and thank you again for your reply,

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.

Skip to 7:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHI2DRx6yuQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Pjglad,

I'm confused too. That clip you shared looks exactly like what that Adobe help document was describing (and why would it be included in that doc by Adobe if it wasn't real..?) - yet Pete above said that feature isn't available, and when you open and look in the latest (Oct 2020) update for the Photoshop on iPad app those options are no where to be seen. It's really contradictory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Pete!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. Skip to 7:42

Also, Import Brushes has been removed from the roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If & when? So not even sure if the ability is coming?  You do realise Artstudio Procreate & Affinity Photo are leaving your iOS app in the dust? I have thousands of brushes & if I can't use them then it's tap & delete the App for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like they are focusing on it to be a photography tool rather than the awesome drawing tool we're all used to..Seriously the import brushes is the only thing keeping me from using it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is still the leader, and has been for years, I have been using adobe
products for over 20 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me where did I mention ALL Adobe products? I said Adobe ps for
ipad.. Goes back & Checks. Yep I only mentioned Ps for ios as for using
Adobe products I'm 56 & been using Adobe for eons so repeats I was only
talking about **Ps for ios**.. Just thought I'd clarify if that's OK? So
back to subject.. WHEN Will we be allowed to use **Ps on the ipad** with
our brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for giving the indication that you were not a loyal Adobe user, I can remember when we paid over $600 for photoshop and had all the disks to load, creative cloud is such a welcome relief with getting all the updates on a regular cycle, and knowing that the best is yet to come

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have updated my reply to remove the If after getting confirmation from the product team that brush sync is indeed on the roadmap. We want you to be able to work with your brushes too! Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the expected time release of this feature or next update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any plan to add it? This is basically the main function any concept artist/illustrator needs and you still havent added it.. For me the ipad app is useless if i cant make or have my own brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been a while on this.  Is the roadmap publically available somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines