Highlighted

Calling this “Real Photoshop” should be illegal

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be alone in saying this, but I've waited years for Photoshop to make its way to the IPad. I had purchased one almost a year ago just in anticipation of it coming one day. And when it gets here? It's basically just another app. I don't care if you're "adding more later"..I just wanted the plain old app I've been using for years. Please don't call it "full photoshop" or "real photoshop". Because it's not. Its another app. Please fix this 😑

TOPICS
iPad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Calling this “Real Photoshop” should be illegal

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be alone in saying this, but I've waited years for Photoshop to make its way to the IPad. I had purchased one almost a year ago just in anticipation of it coming one day. And when it gets here? It's basically just another app. I don't care if you're "adding more later"..I just wanted the plain old app I've been using for years. Please don't call it "full photoshop" or "real photoshop". Because it's not. Its another app. Please fix this 😑

TOPICS
iPad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I’ve moved this from “Photoshop” to “Photoshop for Mobile” where you are more likely to get a proper response.
~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it IS "real" Photoshop (legally speaking, that is). They've used what underpins Photoshop on the desktop, and tried to keep it familiar, as much "like" Photoshop as they can, when ported to a completely different type of computer. It's just not the "full" Photoshop that most of us were hoping for. My hope (yes, just a hope) is that now they've gotten the basic structure ported, they won't be as slow about adding more to it. I promise myself not to get angry if that doesn't happen though, as I've other things I can do with my iPad. Disappointed, yes. Just not angry.

On the plus side, if you have a subscription to Adobe programs already, you're not being charged to use it. It's good fun, if not yet ready for professional use (in my opinion—obviously from the demos, some professional artists can go from nothing to a completed work, but they have to limit what they do).

I'm sorry you purchased the iPad in anticipation of the "full" Photoshop. I did, too, but in the meantime, I also got upgrades to my old iPad apps, found other apps that fulfill similar functions, even if I'm not as engaged by their interfaces, found new apps and iPad features to enjoy, and in general, use it extensively. Even if they had delayed the release until more of us would be happy with it, I'd have been both productively and enjoyably using my newer iPad.

And hopefully enough people now will start clamoring for more "real" PS features that they invest more (personnel) in making it happen more quickly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you already seen, PS for iPad in version 1.0 is really disappointing...

If you wants something better before PS grows on iPad, buy Affinity Photo (just now 10 bucks on Appstore one time fee)...

See this table that compairs Affinity Photo to Photoshop, both on iPad:

69785492-5050-41A2-8A2E-6E64C83C9120.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 0