• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I only save my photos to the cloud on an iPadPro

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering using an iPad Pro to edit my photos in PS... however I wish to save them to my external harddrive and not the cloud.

Is this possible? Or can I only save them to the cloud?

Is there an external usb port on the new iPad Pro's...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A document you create or open in Photoshop on the iPad is auto-saved to the cloud.

When working with Photoshop on the iPad, you can explicitly save your document locally in any file format other than the default cloud document format.

You can find your saved cloud documents under the Cloud documents tab in the app home screen, or go to assets.adobe.com and select Cloud documents.

Tap the export icon to easily export your saved documents in formats other than the default cloud document format. You can use this option to share your document to text, email, or any other application available on your mobile devices, such as Instagram, Facebook, Behance, and more. You can also use the export options to easily work with compatible apps like Fresco, Aero, XD, and others.

For more FAQ's, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-ipad-faq.html#turn-off-cloud-sync 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what I am asking, is can I save it to my external HD....
Can I plug it into a USB port and work from photos I store there...

Thank YOu..

I am looking at purchasing an iPad Pro vs a Watcom tablet... and that is
why I am asking..
Thank you v much for your reply.

Regards,
Lucy

[website links removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS for Mobile.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucia Lopez-Perez wrote:

Is there an external usb port on the new iPad Pro's...

Yes, the iPad Pro has one port for both data and power, and if it is the 3rd generation (2018) or later, that one port is a standard USB-C port that can connect to external USB storage devices. If you have never used an iPad or iPhone before, you will want to learn how to use the Files app; it works like the desktop in macOS or Windows with files and folders on internal and external storage.

Any image you open in Photoshop for iPad will be converted to and stored as a Photoshop Cloud Document so that you can open in on iPad or in Photoshop on a Mac or PC, as long as you have an Internet connection.

At any time, you can tap the the Share icon to export to internal or external storage. The Publish and Export option lets you choose the format and options, and if you are careful to select Save to Files, you can save the image to any folder on the iPad or on an external storage device.

Photoshop-iPad-Share-TIFF-to-Files.gif

It is also possible to save directly from an iPad into a folder on a macOS or Windows computer, if, in advance, you have set up File Sharing on the computer and Connect to Server in the Files app.

Lucia Lopez-Perez wrote:

I am looking at purchasing an iPad Pro vs a Watcom tablet... and that is
why I am asking..

Keep in mind that the iPad version of Photoshop does not have all of the features of Photoshop on macOS or Windows. If you need the full Photoshop feature set, it would be better to continue to use Photoshop on macOS or Windows with a Wacom tablet attached to the computer.

The difference with using Photoshop on iPad is that it lets you work without a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you all, 

for your help in trying to figure out the best approach to editing/saving  photos in PS  on an iPad.

I think for now I will continue with my Mac and use a watcom tablet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines