• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use a non-Apple stylus with Photoshop for iPad?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saw info on the Photoshop for iPad FAQ that said it is only compatible with the Apple Pencil, but I have an iPad Air 2 and so I'm wondering if anyone has had success using any non-Apple styluses with photoshop and could offer recommendations, please. I'm mostly coloring my scanned line drawings and also doing some line drawing from scratch. An suggestions on stylus brands that you've had success with on an iPad Air 2 would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 🙂

Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Photoshop will run on the iPad Air 2. As far as support for capacitive styluses, it will likely act the same way as painting with your finger only utilizing the stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  My computer crashed so I'm trying to use Photoshop on my Ipad Air 2 until I get a new one.  But the Apple Pencil won't work on my Ipad.  Is Photoshop on Ipad only for newer Ipads?  Anyway, anybody who knows what pencil to use would be much appreciated.  Also, does anybody know how to get in touch with Adobe directly for a question like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop will run on the iPad Air 2. As far as support for capacitive styluses, it will likely act the same way as painting with your finger only utilizing the stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines